Re: [S-R] meaning of "horni"

  • Ben Sorensen
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 20, 2012
      I have not looked either, but there have been many cases of "y" and "i" getting confused, even in official documents. It is just one of the problems of Slovak (much like people who write in English that "she went two far").

      Horni in the context (very limited context!) does sound like it is referring to a geographical "upper." I would look to see if there is also a "dolni." Then you would have the answer- it would be the guy that presumably lived "uphill from...."
      Ben