Re: PRIHODA help find maiden name of 3rd grandmother

  • johnqadam
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 16, 2012
      >>> Married to Joseph Prihoda who was born in Zahradek Kraj Tabor Czechoslovakia. They had 1 daughter Born in 1868 in Kovarove u Tabora Czechoslovakia … They came to United States in 1870. <<<

      Here is a link to RC church records for Tabor, including Zahradaka http://digi.ceskearchivy.cz/DA?lang=en&menu=0&doctree=1nrta&id=7853
    • MGMojher
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 2, 2014
        Lizzy,
            Unless you provide an Internet address to view the birth record page or up load it to Slovak-Roots we cannot view it. The address may be the easiest. Open the page, copy the address up on the bar and paste into a message to S-R.
            Have you done a search using Familysearch.com?
            I ran your surnames; Prihoda, Oficky and Mrakota through a Slovak search engine. In the 1995 Slovak Census no surname with those spelling existed. I did find that mrakota is Slovak for faint.
            You mentioned Bohemia, which is part of the Czech Republic. If you believe your roots are Bohemian you might be better served with a Czech genealogy group. There is http://www.cgsi.org/. Of course we will continue to help you in the best of our ability here a Slovak Roots. Bohemia is the region that Prague is located in. The region of Moravia is between it and Slovakia.

        Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2014 4:38 PM
        Subject: [S-R] Re: PRIHODA help Translate the Birth Cert I found!! YEAH

        WOW, it's been 2 years since I have been able to follow up! The info given to me lead me to the birth record of Theresa Prihoda, now I need translation!

        My Mother past a year ago, so that source of info is now gone, yet she didn't have much info since she grew up in Illinois in a Bohemian Orphanage.

        Can someone help translate this birth record... the 3rd birth on this page for Marie Prihoda? I'm looking for the fathers info and mothers and what is written in those sections. I am trying to get back farther in my ancestry tree but am stuck. I would LOVE the mothers maiden name if there... I'm also trying to find a "location" to search as well for both Josef and the mother of Marie. I have Marie Prihodas death cert and it states the mothers name is Marie as well, and unknown maiden name. (you know these death certs can be wrong since it all depends on who filled them out)...

        From family records, I have
        Marie Prihodas mother to be
        Therezia (SP?) Prihoda

        I have Therezia's Parents to probably be Joseph Oficky and Marie Mrakota.

        I am wondering if any of there names are in that birth record.

        Many of my relatives are buried in Chicago Bohemian National Cemetary and Adelbert Cemetary.

        THANK YOU!!!!!!!

        Lizzy

      • callgracefirst
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 2, 2014
          I posted the link to the DigiArchiv in my last post, i deleted the post you responded to but it didn't delete it, sorry... My link is in my last post. As for where my family is from, I have already gotten all the history in the 1900s,  now am dealing with the 1800s and prior in Czech Republic currently. The group  you sent me to is a paid group, and i am not in any way able to do that now. I already use the digiarchives of SRA. Very good. and belong to ancestry and use the family search.

          Too bad I can't read the language and the old font handwriting has me baffled. I have already punched in every word I could spell in translate. I am stuck with names in a very SMALL section of the birth record. I can't tell if they are names or locations.

          I'll figure it out some day. I always had good info with your news letters and reading some posts, The head photo states CZECH and SLOVAC roots, hence my misunderstanding this is the wrong place to be. Honestlly, i have NO IDEA where the final location will be, I need to get back  a few more generations outside of the USA to determine "where" i belong.
          sincerely,
        • Armata, Joseph R
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 3, 2014
            Here you go:

            For the father:
            Josef Prihoda, tailor from Kovarov, the son of Matej Prihoda, a cabinetmaker from the same place, and mother Josefa Fort from Zahradka

            For the mother:
            Teresia, daughter of Josef Opicka, a cotter from Technice, and mother Maria Mrakot from Zaluzany

            Joe