KISLAN family from Kelsco, Czechoslovakia

  • William M. Toohey Jr.
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 12 1:43 PM
      Seeking information on my Great Grandfather Michael Kislan. According to
      his social security application, he was born in Kelsco, Czechoslovakia.
      The writing isn't clear on the application, but the spelling of the town is
      hard to read. He was born January 8, 1871 to Andrew Kislan and Mary Diehl.
      Michael came to Pennsylvania prior to 1892. His first son was born in
      Eckley, Pennsylvania in 1892. Michaels wife's name was Mary Dillon. I do
      not know if he married her in the old country for if he met and married her
      in Pennsylvania. Michael diedon January 25, 1945. He had 4 children;
      Joseph William b. Mar. 13, 1892, Mary, dob unknown, Michael b. Feb 25, 1895
      and my Grandfather, John Albert b. Oct. 6, 1897.

      My father doesn't think Zedo, (this is what they called Michael), was
      naturalized. Zedo was a coalminer as well as my grandfather.

      Zedo died from a heart attack and we believe cancer. Would like to know if
      the town of Kelsco is the correct spelling and if the name Kislan rings a
      bell with anyone.

      Thanks,

      Diana Toohey (Kislan)