Re: [S-R] Request for help in translating please

  • bettymisc@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 8, 2012
      Thank you Larry for your interpretation!

      I am very interested in finding out more about the Petras and Mas[z]ars in your tree. Is your tree online anywhere? I am particularly interested in tracing a Julianna Petras, born in Sastin-Straze on 21 April 1882 and how she relates to the Mas[z]ars. I have her father as Josephus Petras born 6 June 1852 in Smolinske and her mother Maria Hodany born 4 April 1853 in Sastin Straze.

      Josephus Petras' mother was Therezia Maszar and his father was Joannes(haven't located their birth records yet). I am interested in finding other members of both the Petras and Maszar families.

      If you have these Petras' and Maszar's in your tree, please let me know and maybe we can take this to private email messages.

      Thank you again! Betty

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, lkocik@... wrote:

      > Betty
      >
      >  The village is actually Smolinske, in Senica. That's the heading for the church records you were looking under.
      >
      >  This record is in Hungarian, that's why the spelling looks odd.  Most of the records for Smolinske and the other villages in Senica and the general Zahorie region,  are in Hungarian for most of the 1840's, up to 1852. B efore and after that,  they are in latin.
      >
      >   I have Petras and M as[z]ars from Smolinske in my family tree too.
      >

      >  The last column shows a dispensation was granted, but again, in Hungarian. That's the short version of what Peter explained in much more detail.
      >
      > larry

    • Elizabeth
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 8, 2012
        Thank you Curt. I appreciate your assistance, Betty

        > Betty,
        > The place name is Szomolanka. It is the Hungarian name for the present day town of Smolinske. In the last column they are dispensing from the formal triple announcement of the wedding banns.
        >
        > Curt B.
        >
        > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth" <bettymisc@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Could anyone look at the following familysearch.org file and help me translate a record?
        > >
        > > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-14325-52267-64?cc=1554443&wc=MMYV-T99:942651178
        > >
        > > This is a marriage record - May 12, 1846 - Janos Petras and Terez Maszar
        > > I am having trouble reading the locations column and I am particularly interested in the last column of the record.
        > >
        > > Slovakia, Church and Synagogue Books, 1592-1910
        > > Roman Catholic (Rímsko-katolícká cirkev)
        > > Senica
        > > Smolinské
        > > Marriages (Manželstvá) 1785-1852 (Inv. č. 2067)
        > > Image 47 of 56
        > >
        > > Thank you, Betty

      • Elizabeth
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 8, 2012
          Thank you Elaine! Very interesting. Appreciate this information! Betty

          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Elaine <epowell@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > > that one to me. I'm hoping that Ladislav or maybe CurtB can shed a bit more
          > > light on the usage as well.
          > >
          > > Hope that helps,
          > >
          > > Peter M.
          > >
          > > On 8 September 2012 12:41, Elizabeth <bettymisc@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > > **
          > > >

          > > > Could anyone look at the following familysearch.org file and help me
          > > > translate a record?
          > > >

          > > > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-14325-52267-64?cc=1554443&wc=MMYV-T99:942651178
          > > >
          > > > This is a marriage record - May 12, 1846 - Janos Petras and Terez Maszar
          > > > I am having trouble reading the locations column and I am particularly
          > > > interested in the last column of the record.
          > > >
          > > > Slovakia, Church and Synagogue Books, 1592-1910
          > > > Roman Catholic (Rímsko-katolícká cirkev)
          > > > Senica
          > > > Smolinské
          > > > Marriages (Manželstvá) 1785-1852 (Inv. č. 2067)

        • William C. Wormuth
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 8, 2012
            Ladi,

            Your data here is superb but it brought a smile to my face.

            I have a friend in Smolinske named Smolinsky, whose wife's maiden  name was Somolany, (from Kuklov).;o) :o) :o).

            Z Bohom,

            Vilo

            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 8, 2012
              Betty

               Email me at lkocik@...

               I think we can help each other.

               I have lots of Petras and Mas[z]ars from Gbely, Smolinske, Dojc, Adamov,Jablonica, Letnicie and Skalica.

               Sorry if I misspelled any of those villages.

               I'm sure your aware of all the variations in spelling for Masar.

               I do have an online tree also.

              Larry