Re: Monument near Markusovce Slovakia

  • stano.sabol
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 7, 2012
      Original text:

      "PUTNIKU CHVILU STOJ
      POZORUJ MOJE MUKY

      MUKY MOJE KINU
      ROKY TVOJE PLINU

      PO SMRTI SUD NASTANE
      KAM SA TVOJE DUSA DOSTANE"

      The translation (the best possible from my sideĀ…). I am sure that the English-native poet would write it definitely better. But for the basic understanding it should be sufficient...:)

      Pilgrim, wait for a while
      Observe my excruciation

      My excruciation is growing
      Your years are passing

      The justice will come after the death
      About where your soul will get

      Stano Sabol

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Charlest" <ctintera@...> wrote:

      > My mother's family came from Markusovce CZ, in the 1920s. Looking on Google Earth there is a monument on a road SW of the town. (My mother told me that monuments were common along the roads when she was growing up. That would have been 191-s.) I think that I have stumbled across a picture of the inscription on the monument and I put a picture of the inscription in the photos section. The album name is Markusovce Monument.
      >
      > I'd appreciate it if someone could do a translation. I tried an internet translator site and got gibberish!
      >
      > TIA
      > cvt

    • Charles Tintera
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 8, 2012
        Thank you for the translation. Was that a common poem of some sort? Or
        something else entirely?

        cvt