News Paper Archives

  • patskanovo
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27, 2012
      Some of us may have already used this strategy. I have recently given it
      a try. I am unable to speak of other cities at this time but in
      Cleveland, Ohio there is much information to be had if one has an
      approximate date of death.

      Using the Cleveland PlainDealer Historic Archives one may possibly find
      the case number and date assigned to the estate of a deceased
      individual. Taking this information to Family Search,Ohio Probate files
      you can browse by case numbers and date and extract vital records needed
      to break down brick walls.

      I have been able to close the files on two family members doing
      this....it is great!

      Happy Hunting!

      Dennis