Moravitz Hungary

  • Bruce Bagin
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 8 7:53 AM
      Hi My grandmother's family comes from Moravitz, Hungary, (at least that is
      what the Petition for naturalization from 1914 provides) I have been trying
      to locate family that might still be living over there. But haven't made
      much head way.

      Her maiden name is Maria Minar and her father was Jozef Minar and her mother
      was Eva Zsikavszky. She was born June 15, 1881, and entered the United
      States in 1903. She worked in a glass factory in Moravitz befoer she
      emmigrated to Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

      I welcome the assistance of everyone.

      Many thanks

      Bruce Bagin
      bbagin@...

    • John
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 8 8:25 PM
        At 07:53 AM 4/8/01 +0000, you wrote:
        >Hi My grandmother's family comes from Moravitz, Hungary, (at least that is
        >what the Petition for naturalization from 1914 provides) I have been trying
        >to locate family that might still be living over there. But haven't made
        >much head way.

        Bruce,

        It appears Morawitz is now known as Zlate Moravce. I found 15 Minar and
        Minarova in the phone book under Z.M.. I found 3 male Z^ikavsky' and one
        Helen Z^ikavska' under Z.M..

        Good luck

        John