Sotetlapapuszta

  • Bseprodi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 11, 2012
      I am still researching names in and near Sotetlapapuszta. Someone was
      very helpful and I am grateful. The baptism was held in Salgotarjan. The
      certificate has a place called, Ragyolcr, as the "Szulet eshely hazszam" .
      Is this a town? I may have the name not properly spelled but it is what I
      can make out. This baptism certificate is in 1885.
      Names, Mizser, Osgyani .

    • Michael Mojher
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 11, 2012
        Szulet eshely hazsam I believe is Hungarian for Szulet / birthplace and hazsam / house number.

        I believe your Ragyolcr is Ragyolcz which is:
        950 Radzovce LC/BC novohrad. 1960 vyčl. o. Šiatorská Bukovinka.
        1773 Ragyolcz, 1786 Ragyolcz, 1808 Ragyólcz, Raďowce, 1863–1913, 1938–1945 Ragyolc, 1920 Raďovce, 1927–1938, 1945–1948 Raďovce, Ragyolc, 1948– Radzovce

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salg%C3%B3tarj%C3%A1n Salgotarjan link.
        http://mapcarta.com/18435908 Sotetlapapuszta link.

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 11, 2012
          >>> The baptism was held in Salgotarjan. The certificate has a place called, [Ragyolcr] <<<

          Refer to the 1910 Nograd county map at: http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/maps/1910/nograd.jpg

          Go to the yellow area on right side of map.
          Find Salgotarjan in large letters.
          Go due north along the road and railway track to find Ragyolcz near the county line.

          Those are the villages mentioned. Ragyolcz is now called Radzovce and is on the Slovak side of the modern border. RC church records are found in Filakovo.

          LDS has online Roman Catholic parish registers of baptisms, marriages, deaths, confirmations, and conversions for Fiľakovo (Filekow), Slovakia formerly Fülek (Filek), Hungary