Re: [S-R] Handwriting!

  • htcstech
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 5, 2012
      It's 'tudovesz'
      It's a term that is not much in current usage. TUDO (TOO DOUGH said
      rapidly) means lungs and VESZ (VES) means harm. So it can apply to a few
      diseases, but it is generally an older term for tuberculosis. The little
      diacritical marks above the letters signify the pronunciation of those
      vowels.

      On 5 August 2012 21:56, Anabeth Dollins <anabeth@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Thank you, thank you!
      >
      > Would you tell me what the letters in the Hungarian word are?
      >
      > On Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 6:29 PM, htcstech <htcstech@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      >

      > > Of pulmonary disease. Specifically Tuberculosis.
      > >
      > > On 5 August 2012 06:55, ajdolli <anabeth@...> wrote:
      > > > Thanks to help from Peter M., I'm finding my Slovak cousins in the
      > > > Hungarian Civil Registration records for Budapest.
      > > >
      > > > I'm having a terrible time reading the writing, of course. I think that
      > > > there's a rule in genealogy that the records for your own family are
      > > > unreadable.
      > > >
      > > > For this burial record, can someone read the cause of Maria's death in
      > > > record #2244 (that's column 10) and tell me what it means?
      > > >

      > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-12414-71060-98?cc=1452460&wc=MM5T-K84:n1596609364
      > > >
      > > > Thanks --
      > > >
      > > > Anabeth Dollins in balmy (not!) Pittsburgh

    • Anabeth Dollins
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 5, 2012
        Ah, thanks. That's the information I needed.