Re: [S-R] NATURALIZATION

  • John
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 3 1:49 PM
      Have you been able to establish the village of birth? The hand writing on the manifest is very poor quality.

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Pat Donahoo" <dotnpat@...> wrote:

      > Thank you Julie, Curt and Vilo for replying to my questions re
      > naturalization. With your suggestions I was able to find Janos Almasy
      > spelled as Janos Hmasy coming over, not on the Genesia as the naturalization
      > papers state, but on the Gneisenau. I had to go thru about 652 names on the
      > manifest, but finally found what I was seeking.
      >
      > Thank you again.
      >
      > Dorothy

    • patskanovo
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 4 6:39 AM
        Dorothy,

        You can browse by ship at either Ancestry or Ellis Island by entering the Year,Month and Day of arrival....a list of ships arriving that day will be listed....

        I think it works for Castle Garden too.

        Dennis