Re: [S-R] Problem with Family Search Org

  • Pete Koziar
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2012
      What browser are you using? I find Safari works about the best with FamilySearch (I've never had it freeze up on me), followed by FireFox (freezes up very occasionally, maybe once a week or so). Internet Explorer seems to have its "moods" where you have to close it and clear out its cache in order to work, if that even will bring it back.

      - Pete

      Researching DUDAS and TRISCAK in VELKY SARIS and SABINOV, among others

      ________________________________
      For the last month or so, I have been having a problem with the on-line records at Family Search org. When I begin reviewing a film, I can bring up page images for a short time and then when I try to move to another page, the image is just black but with a little emblem in the top right hand side. At that point, even if I try to go back to a page I was able to previously see, I get nothing but a black screen. Has anyone else had this problem and is there anything that can be done to bring up the images?
      CK

    • Carl
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 2012
        I'm using Internet Explorer. It doesn't exactly freeze up, it just doesn't show the page images. I can only view about 10 pages before they stop coming up. It is making it impossible to review a film.

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Pete Koziar <rebbepete@...> wrote:

        > What browser are you using? I find Safari works about the best with FamilySearch (I've never had it freeze up on me), followed by FireFox (freezes up very occasionally, maybe once a week or so). Internet Explorer seems to have its "moods" where you have to close it and clear out its cache in order to work, if that even will bring it back.
        >
        > - Pete
        >
        > Researching DUDAS and TRISCAK in VELKY SARIS and SABINOV, among others

      • Karen Kosky
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 3, 2012
          Are you pulling up the image from a search or directly? I have found search results from Jakubov which I can view but cannot go to the next page as, for some strange reason, the records have been indexed but are not available for browsing.