Re: RUDLYOVSKI

  • John
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 1, 2012
      I can't translate the text but it refers to Mihalyne, which is the wife of Mihaly Rudlyovski.

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "jonboy.92471" <jon.boy.71@...> wrote:

      > I need help translating the text from the Greek Catholic Baptisms/Deaths
      > Michalovce - Falkusovce P.361 Line 36. I can make out what appears to be my 3xgr grandfathers name Mihaly Rudlyovski and was wondering what the rest of the text says.
      >
      > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11593-83320-8?cc=1554443&wc=MM5Z-9H\
      > W:n1348712956
      >
      > Thanks, Jon

    • htcstech
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 1, 2012
        I'm trying to decipher the writing, but it is difficult:. Looks like
        someone else can add to this - Are you there Ladislav/anyone?

        There are 2 sections and I'm not even sure to read across the pages, but it
        makes more sense if you do:

        Left Section Line 1: On the 10th of November 1898, Rudlyovski Mihalyne gave
        birth
        Right Section Line 1: A name? Estak Szuzanna 'assony'? (woman)- then
        a shortened form of 'Evangelical Reformed Creed'
        Line 2: Three words that mean Catholic? - as per the normal creed
        Right Section Line 2: and kept the lawful rules, after which she changed to
        'Bernialaltatas' which is a form of hypnotistic trance due to this creed
        (presumably Evangelical),
        Left Section Line 3: went (crazy?) and is being looked after by fesctko?
        fesztko? Tornia? Andras wife fecstko Maria resident; : then the Priest's
        signature.

        So (if I'm close to the meaning), she gave birth (child unknown at the
        moment), but got caught up in an Evangelical movement, went into a trance
        and hasn't recovered and is being looked after by a lady in the village.
        Or I could be totally wrong and forgive me for besmirching a relative.

        In 1898, the civil records were now the official place where you would
        clear this up.

        Peter M.

        On 2 August 2012 12:53, John <johnqadam@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > I can't translate the text but it refers to Mihalyne, which is the wife of
        > Mihaly Rudlyovski.
        >

        > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "jonboy.92471" <jon.boy.71@...>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > I need help translating the text from the Greek Catholic Baptisms/Deaths
        > > Michalovce - Falkusovce P.361 Line 36. I can make out what appears to be
        > my 3xgr grandfathers name Mihaly Rudlyovski and was wondering what the rest
        > of the text says.
        > >

        > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11593-83320-8?cc=1554443&wc=MM5Z-9H\
        > <https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11593-83320-8?cc=1554443&wc=MM5Z-9H>>
        > W:n1348712956
        > >
        > > Thanks, Jon

      • Ladislav Rosival
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 2, 2012
          What I can read it says that Rudlyovszki Mihályné (the wife of Rudlyovszky Mihály) born Estók (not sure) Zsuzsánna has converted from the evangelical faith to the greek-catholic.

          I will try a better transcription and translation later.

          Ladislav

          On 2 August 2012 12:53, John <johnqadam@... <mailto:johnqadam%40yahoo.com> > wrote:

          > **
          >

          > I can't translate the text but it refers to Mihalyne, which is the wife of
          > Mihaly Rudlyovski.
          >

          > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com> , "jonboy.92471" <jon.boy.71@...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > I need help translating the text from the Greek Catholic Baptisms/Deaths
          > > Michalovce - Falkusovce P.361 Line 36. I can make out what appears to be
          > my 3xgr grandfathers name Mihaly Rudlyovski and was wondering what the rest
          > of the text says.
          > >

          > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11593-83320-8?cc=1554443 <https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11593-83320-8?cc=1554443&wc=MM5Z-9H> &wc=MM5Z-9H\
          > <https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11593-83320-8?cc=1554443 <https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11593-83320-8?cc=1554443&wc=MM5Z-9H> &wc=MM5Z-9H>>
          > W:n1348712956
          > >
          > > Thanks, Jon

        • Maxine
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 2, 2012
            Hi, my family is also from Michalovce. Can you tell me if VEL'AS is in that
            book. Thanks, I appreciate it. Maxine Sasala

            I need help translating the text from the Greek Catholic Baptisms/Deaths
            Michalovce - Falkusovce P.361 Line 36. I can make out what appears to be my
            3xgr grandfathers name Mihaly Rudlyovski and was wondering what the rest of
            the text says.

            https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11593-83320-8?cc=1554443
            <https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11593-83320-8?cc=1554443&wc=MM
            5Z-9HW:n1348712956> &wc=MM5Z-9H\
            W:n1348712956

            Thanks, Jon

          • Ladislav Rosival
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 2, 2012
              Here is the transscript I am not sure with the reading in the 3rd row in the middle.

              1898 évi novben hó 10-én Rudlyovszki Mihályné szül:

              Estók Zsuzsánna assony lazanyi lako az ev. ref. hitvallásról

              a gör. szert. kath. hitvallásra a szokot formák és a

              törvényes eljárás megtartása után áttért s meg is bérmáltatott

              a hitvalást letette, meggyónt és áldozott. Bérmaszülei: Sesztkó (??) Torma

              András gondnok és neje Lentkó Mária lazanyi lakosok; eljáró lelkész Demeter Sándor

              Translation:

              On november 10, 1898 Mrs. Rudlyovszki Mihályné (the wife of Rudlyovszky Mihály) born

              Estók Zsuzsánna living in Lazany converted from ev. ref. Faith

              to the greek ritus of catholic faith by the used form and

              holding the canonical process, she also received [the sacrament of] confirmation,

              she gave the proffession of faith, she confessed and received the Holy Comunion. tHe „confirmation parents“ Seztkó Torma

              András ???? and his wife Lentkó Maria both living in Lazany; priestt Demeter Sándor

              Iam not sure with the words arround Torma András the first „Sesztkó“ could be a double name or a title (no idea) the word gondnok could be his status or profession but no meaning to me.

              Ladislav

              I'm trying to decipher the writing, but it is difficult:. Looks like
              someone else can add to this - Are you there Ladislav/anyone?

              There are 2 sections and I'm not even sure to read across the pages, but it
              makes more sense if you do:

              Left Section Line 1: On the 10th of November 1898, Rudlyovski Mihalyne gave
              birth
              Right Section Line 1: A name? Estak Szuzanna 'assony'? (woman)- then
              a shortened form of 'Evangelical Reformed Creed'
              Line 2: Three words that mean Catholic? - as per the normal creed
              Right Section Line 2: and kept the lawful rules, after which she changed to
              'Bernialaltatas' which is a form of hypnotistic trance due to this creed
              (presumably Evangelical),
              Left Section Line 3: went (crazy?) and is being looked after by fesctko?
              fesztko? Tornia? Andras wife fecstko Maria resident; : then the Priest's
              signature.

              So (if I'm close to the meaning), she gave birth (child unknown at the
              moment), but got caught up in an Evangelical movement, went into a trance
              and hasn't recovered and is being looked after by a lady in the village.
              Or I could be totally wrong and forgive me for besmirching a relative.

              In 1898, the civil records were now the official place where you would
              clear this up.

              Peter M.

              On 2 August 2012 12:53, John <johnqadam@... <mailto:johnqadam%40yahoo.com> > wrote:

              > **
              >

              > I can't translate the text but it refers to Mihalyne, which is the wife of
              > Mihaly Rudlyovski.
              >

              > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com> , "jonboy.92471" <jon.boy.71@...>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > I need help translating the text from the Greek Catholic Baptisms/Deaths
              > > Michalovce - Falkusovce P.361 Line 36. I can make out what appears to be
              > my 3xgr grandfathers name Mihaly Rudlyovski and was wondering what the rest
              > of the text says.
              > >

              > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11593-83320-8?cc=1554443 <https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11593-83320-8?cc=1554443&wc=MM5Z-9H> &wc=MM5Z-9H\
              > <https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11593-83320-8?cc=1554443 <https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11593-83320-8?cc=1554443&wc=MM5Z-9H> &wc=MM5Z-9H>>
              > W:n1348712956
              > >
              > > Thanks, Jon

            • htcstech
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 2, 2012
                Great work Ladislav!
                I read ' bérmáltatott ' as bern 'altatas' which in some dictionaries can
                mean 'sedation' or 'hypnosis' (Bern).
                I attached that thought with the catharsis of evangelical practice, not
                being able to translate the other words.

                To think that this confirmation was recorded as a baptism makes much more
                sense.

                Peter M.

              • Jon Olson
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 2, 2012
                  Yes, Great work Ladislav!!!

                  I appreciate the translation...

                  Jon

                  To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
                  From: htcstech@...
                  Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 11:24:55 +1000

                  Great work Ladislav!
                  I read ' b�rm�ltatott ' as bern 'altatas' which in some dictionaries can

                • William C. Wormuth
                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 2, 2012