RUDLYOVSKI

  • jonboy.92471
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 1, 2012
      I need help translating the text from the Greek Catholic Baptisms/Deaths
      Michalovce - Falkusovce P.361 Line 36. I can make out what appears to be my 3xgr grandfathers name Mihaly Rudlyovski and was wondering what the rest of the text says.

      https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11593-83320-8?cc=1554443&wc=MM5Z-9H\
      W:n1348712956

      Thanks, Jon
    • William C. Wormuth
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 1, 2012
        Jon,

        Although I can read the words, I do not understand or speak Hungarian.

        The writing is Hungarian.  The Slovak version of the name is Michal Rudlovsky [Ruhdlohv-skee].

        Two are listed in the Zoznam Telefonny. their Town is Hatalov,

        7.3 km, 9 mins from Falkusovce.

        Hope this helps a little.

        Z Bohom,

        Vilo

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 1, 2012
          I can't translate the text but it refers to Mihalyne, which is the wife of Mihaly Rudlyovski.

          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "jonboy.92471" <jon.boy.71@...> wrote:

          > I need help translating the text from the Greek Catholic Baptisms/Deaths
          > Michalovce - Falkusovce P.361 Line 36. I can make out what appears to be my 3xgr grandfathers name Mihaly Rudlyovski and was wondering what the rest of the text says.
          >
          > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11593-83320-8?cc=1554443&wc=MM5Z-9H\
          > W:n1348712956
          >
          > Thanks, Jon

        • htcstech
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 1, 2012
            I'm trying to decipher the writing, but it is difficult:. Looks like
            someone else can add to this - Are you there Ladislav/anyone?

            There are 2 sections and I'm not even sure to read across the pages, but it
            makes more sense if you do:

            Left Section Line 1: On the 10th of November 1898, Rudlyovski Mihalyne gave
            birth
            Right Section Line 1: A name? Estak Szuzanna 'assony'? (woman)- then
            a shortened form of 'Evangelical Reformed Creed'
            Line 2: Three words that mean Catholic? - as per the normal creed
            Right Section Line 2: and kept the lawful rules, after which she changed to
            'Bernialaltatas' which is a form of hypnotistic trance due to this creed
            (presumably Evangelical),
            Left Section Line 3: went (crazy?) and is being looked after by fesctko?
            fesztko? Tornia? Andras wife fecstko Maria resident; : then the Priest's
            signature.

            So (if I'm close to the meaning), she gave birth (child unknown at the
            moment), but got caught up in an Evangelical movement, went into a trance
            and hasn't recovered and is being looked after by a lady in the village.
            Or I could be totally wrong and forgive me for besmirching a relative.

            In 1898, the civil records were now the official place where you would
            clear this up.

            Peter M.

            On 2 August 2012 12:53, John <johnqadam@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > I can't translate the text but it refers to Mihalyne, which is the wife of
            > Mihaly Rudlyovski.
            >

            > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "jonboy.92471" <jon.boy.71@...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > I need help translating the text from the Greek Catholic Baptisms/Deaths
            > > Michalovce - Falkusovce P.361 Line 36. I can make out what appears to be
            > my 3xgr grandfathers name Mihaly Rudlyovski and was wondering what the rest
            > of the text says.
            > >

            > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11593-83320-8?cc=1554443&wc=MM5Z-9H\
            > <https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11593-83320-8?cc=1554443&wc=MM5Z-9H>>
            > W:n1348712956
            > >
            > > Thanks, Jon

          • Ladislav Rosival
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 2, 2012
              What I can read it says that Rudlyovszki Mihályné (the wife of Rudlyovszky Mihály) born Estók (not sure) Zsuzsánna has converted from the evangelical faith to the greek-catholic.

              I will try a better transcription and translation later.

              Ladislav

              On 2 August 2012 12:53, John <johnqadam@... <mailto:johnqadam%40yahoo.com> > wrote:

              > **
              >

              > I can't translate the text but it refers to Mihalyne, which is the wife of
              > Mihaly Rudlyovski.
              >

              > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com> , "jonboy.92471" <jon.boy.71@...>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > I need help translating the text from the Greek Catholic Baptisms/Deaths
              > > Michalovce - Falkusovce P.361 Line 36. I can make out what appears to be
              > my 3xgr grandfathers name Mihaly Rudlyovski and was wondering what the rest
              > of the text says.
              > >

              > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11593-83320-8?cc=1554443 <https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11593-83320-8?cc=1554443&wc=MM5Z-9H> &wc=MM5Z-9H\
              > <https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11593-83320-8?cc=1554443 <https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11593-83320-8?cc=1554443&wc=MM5Z-9H> &wc=MM5Z-9H>>
              > W:n1348712956
              > >
              > > Thanks, Jon

            • Maxine
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 2, 2012
                Hi, my family is also from Michalovce. Can you tell me if VEL'AS is in that
                book. Thanks, I appreciate it. Maxine Sasala

                I need help translating the text from the Greek Catholic Baptisms/Deaths
                Michalovce - Falkusovce P.361 Line 36. I can make out what appears to be my
                3xgr grandfathers name Mihaly Rudlyovski and was wondering what the rest of
                the text says.

                https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11593-83320-8?cc=1554443
                <https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11593-83320-8?cc=1554443&wc=MM
                5Z-9HW:n1348712956> &wc=MM5Z-9H\
                W:n1348712956

                Thanks, Jon

              • Ladislav Rosival
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 2, 2012
                  Here is the transscript I am not sure with the reading in the 3rd row in the middle.

                  1898 évi novben hó 10-én Rudlyovszki Mihályné szül:

                  Estók Zsuzsánna assony lazanyi lako az ev. ref. hitvallásról

                  a gör. szert. kath. hitvallásra a szokot formák és a

                  törvényes eljárás megtartása után áttért s meg is bérmáltatott

                  a hitvalást letette, meggyónt és áldozott. Bérmaszülei: Sesztkó (??) Torma

                  András gondnok és neje Lentkó Mária lazanyi lakosok; eljáró lelkész Demeter Sándor

                  Translation:

                  On november 10, 1898 Mrs. Rudlyovszki Mihályné (the wife of Rudlyovszky Mihály) born

                  Estók Zsuzsánna living in Lazany converted from ev. ref. Faith

                  to the greek ritus of catholic faith by the used form and

                  holding the canonical process, she also received [the sacrament of] confirmation,

                  she gave the proffession of faith, she confessed and received the Holy Comunion. tHe „confirmation parents“ Seztkó Torma

                  András ???? and his wife Lentkó Maria both living in Lazany; priestt Demeter Sándor

                  Iam not sure with the words arround Torma András the first „Sesztkó“ could be a double name or a title (no idea) the word gondnok could be his status or profession but no meaning to me.

                  Ladislav

                  I'm trying to decipher the writing, but it is difficult:. Looks like
                  someone else can add to this - Are you there Ladislav/anyone?

                  There are 2 sections and I'm not even sure to read across the pages, but it
                  makes more sense if you do:

                  Left Section Line 1: On the 10th of November 1898, Rudlyovski Mihalyne gave
                  birth
                  Right Section Line 1: A name? Estak Szuzanna 'assony'? (woman)- then
                  a shortened form of 'Evangelical Reformed Creed'
                  Line 2: Three words that mean Catholic? - as per the normal creed
                  Right Section Line 2: and kept the lawful rules, after which she changed to
                  'Bernialaltatas' which is a form of hypnotistic trance due to this creed
                  (presumably Evangelical),
                  Left Section Line 3: went (crazy?) and is being looked after by fesctko?
                  fesztko? Tornia? Andras wife fecstko Maria resident; : then the Priest's
                  signature.

                  So (if I'm close to the meaning), she gave birth (child unknown at the
                  moment), but got caught up in an Evangelical movement, went into a trance
                  and hasn't recovered and is being looked after by a lady in the village.
                  Or I could be totally wrong and forgive me for besmirching a relative.

                  In 1898, the civil records were now the official place where you would
                  clear this up.

                  Peter M.

                  On 2 August 2012 12:53, John <johnqadam@... <mailto:johnqadam%40yahoo.com> > wrote:

                  > **
                  >

                  > I can't translate the text but it refers to Mihalyne, which is the wife of
                  > Mihaly Rudlyovski.
                  >

                  > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com> , "jonboy.92471" <jon.boy.71@...>
                  > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I need help translating the text from the Greek Catholic Baptisms/Deaths
                  > > Michalovce - Falkusovce P.361 Line 36. I can make out what appears to be
                  > my 3xgr grandfathers name Mihaly Rudlyovski and was wondering what the rest
                  > of the text says.
                  > >

                  > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11593-83320-8?cc=1554443 <https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11593-83320-8?cc=1554443&wc=MM5Z-9H> &wc=MM5Z-9H\
                  > <https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11593-83320-8?cc=1554443 <https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11593-83320-8?cc=1554443&wc=MM5Z-9H> &wc=MM5Z-9H>>
                  > W:n1348712956
                  > >
                  > > Thanks, Jon

                • htcstech
                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 2, 2012
                    Great work Ladislav!
                    I read ' bérmáltatott ' as bern 'altatas' which in some dictionaries can
                    mean 'sedation' or 'hypnosis' (Bern).
                    I attached that thought with the catharsis of evangelical practice, not
                    being able to translate the other words.

                    To think that this confirmation was recorded as a baptism makes much more
                    sense.

                    Peter M.

                  • Jon Olson
                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 2, 2012
                      Yes, Great work Ladislav!!!

                      I appreciate the translation...

                      Jon

                      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
                      From: htcstech@...
                      Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 11:24:55 +1000

                      Great work Ladislav!
                      I read ' b�rm�ltatott ' as bern 'altatas' which in some dictionaries can

                    • William C. Wormuth
                      Message 10 of 10 , Aug 2, 2012