Re: [S-R] Re: MIKUS family crest desription

  • David Mothkovich
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7 8:16 AM
      Just a little thought to share about Coats of Arms, and the origins of
      names..
      I spent money once for "our family coat of arms for all three of my slavic
      origin surnames. I ended up with 2 coats of arms for Matkovic, 2 different
      origins for Bakic, and questionable at that since they used Butkowski, etc.
      as origins for it. Which I have learned aren't even close. Vuksic, same
      thing. Yeah, they look nice in a frame on a mug, etc., but it's not until
      you know your family origins that you know what a rip off they can be if you
      don't have the information in advance to get the Right origins, coat of arms
      ( if your family was issued arms), etc. Save the money, do the research,
      then if you find you truly have nobility find the right coat of arms, it
      will be listed in an amoral.

      Good luck in your search...
      Dave M.