Gömör

  • An American Hare
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 30, 2012
      I know Curt and I have drawn blanks on this but has anyone had ANY luck at all with Evangelical/Lutheran church records there? I just came across another lead in the town of Poltár as well as Nagy Röcze (Revúcza). It doesn't seem that just because my ancestors were pastors there it gives me any additional luck in getting birth/death records unless of course I show up in person perhaps. Who knows right? Anyway, it doesn't hurt to ask since I get leads from the oddest places sometimes. Not that you all are odd :)

      Regards,
      Ludko
    • John
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 30, 2012
        The old LDS catalogue lists 183 titles if you use the keyword function. Perhaps you haven't used that: https://familysearch.org/Eng/Library/FHLC/frameset_fhlc.asp

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "An American Hare" <leporis1@...> wrote:

        > I know Curt and I have drawn blanks on this but has anyone had ANY luck at all with Evangelical/Lutheran church records there? I just came across another lead in the town of Poltár as well as Nagy Röcze (Revúcza). It doesn't seem that just because my ancestors were pastors there it gives me any additional luck in getting birth/death records unless of course I show up in person perhaps. Who knows right? Anyway, it doesn't hurt to ask since I get leads from the oddest places sometimes. Not that you all are odd :)
        >
        > Regards,
        > Ludko

      • An American Hare
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 30, 2012
          Wow! it worked thanks a ton! just the first page took me back another 100 years worth of gap I'm trying to fill. Outstanding.
          LLeporis

          > The old LDS catalogue lists 183 titles if you use the keyword function. Perhaps you haven't used that: https://familysearch.org/Eng/Library/FHLC/frameset_fhlc.asp
          >

          > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "An American Hare" <leporis1@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I know Curt and I have drawn blanks on this but has anyone had ANY luck at all with Evangelical/Lutheran church records there? I just came across another lead in the town of Poltár as well as Nagy Röcze (Revúcza). It doesn't seem that just because my ancestors were pastors there it gives me any additional luck in getting birth/death records unless of course I show up in person perhaps. Who knows right? Anyway, it doesn't hurt to ask since I get leads from the oddest places sometimes. Not that you all are odd :)
          > >
          > > Regards,
          > > Ludko

        • John
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 31, 2012
            It's always great when you have a break-through.

            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "An American Hare" <leporis1@...> wrote:

            > Wow! it worked thanks a ton! just the first page took me back another 100 years worth of gap I'm trying to fill. Outstanding.
            > LLeporis
          • An American Hare
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 2, 2012
              John,

              Yes it certainly is! I found a 1679 babtism of a relative who's father was Nicolaus Leporis' brother from slave galleys (circa 1676). The family was so widespread even then it is extremely difficult to connect the dots.

              Carl, did anything I said make since? I ramble alot. (chemo sux) pardon my language.

              Ludko