Re: MIKUS family crest desription

  • frankur@att.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 7, 2001
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., gografix <gografix@a...> wrote:
      > Hello--
      > First of all I was not looking for my family crest! I have heard
      > or seen so many people getting advise from experts that it is NO
      quick
      > thing to find a family crest & not all surnames have a crest!
      > So with that in mind...
      > I just recently found out that a Family Crest exists for the
      > surname of MIKUS. This person has a picture & frame that has the
      > description and the background. It describes that the MIKUS came
      from
      > the Arch-Angel Michael. And that most of the MIKUS family were
      created
      > by nobel knights in Slovakia.

      The Slovakia telephone directory lists 12 surname Mikus^ (Mikush)
      under Dubnica nad Váhom and 1 surname under Dubnic^ka.
      The directory also lists 50 or so surname Mikus^ bearers under
      Bánovce nad Bebravou and Banská Bytrica.

      38 surname Mikush are listed in the U.S. Social Security Security
      Death Index.

      http://ssdi.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?f3=Mikush&f4=&f0=&f1=&f2=&f20
      =&advqt=%2Fsearch%2Frectype%2Fvital%2Fssdi%2Fmain.htm&db=ssdi&ti=0&sub
      mit423=Search&f13=&f15=&f14=&f12=&f9=&f8=&f10=&f6=&f5=&f7=

      Probably another 80-120 surname bearers just in the U.S.