MIKUS family crest desription

  • gografix
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 5 3:14 PM
      Hello--
      First of all I was not looking for my family crest! I have heard
      or seen so many people getting advise from experts that it is NO quick
      thing to find a family crest & not all surnames have a crest!
      So with that in mind...
      I just recently found out that a Family Crest exists for the
      surname of MIKUS. This person has a picture & frame that has the
      description and the background. It describes that the MIKUS came from
      the Arch-Angel Michael. And that most of the MIKUS family were created
      by nobel knights in Slovakia.
      Can anyone help as to where I might find it?
      I have a good description of it:

      Arms - Sable an escallop between three heads erased argent
      Crest - A dexter holding a crane's head erased all proper
      motto- Nil Conscire sibi (latin)
      Conscious of no wrong (english)

      The translation for the Heraldic words is as follows:
      Sable - Black Clothing or colour black
      Escallop - shell (badge of Pilgrimage)
      Erased - Violently torn off
      Argent - Silver on white

      Crest - Worn on top of helmet
      Dextor - Top left hand corner
      Proper - Shown in its natural colors

      Ok- has anyone seen this or heard of this???
      Comments/help please! Later, Jan (FL) :-)
    • frankur@att.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 6 6:46 AM
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., gografix <gografix@a...> wrote:
        > Hello--
        > First of all I was not looking for my family crest! I have heard
        > or seen so many people getting advise from experts that it is NO
        quick
        > thing to find a family crest & not all surnames have a crest!
        > So with that in mind...
        > I just recently found out that a Family Crest exists for the
        > surname of MIKUS. This person has a picture & frame that has the
        > description and the background. It describes that the MIKUS came
        from
        > the Arch-Angel Michael. And that most of the MIKUS family were
        created
        > by nobel knights in Slovakia.
        > Can anyone help as to where I might find it?
        > I have a good description of it:
        >
        > Arms - Sable an escallop between three heads erased argent
        > Crest - A dexter holding a crane's head erased all proper
        > motto- Nil Conscire sibi (latin)
        > Conscious of no wrong (english)
        >
        > The translation for the Heraldic words is as follows:
        > Sable - Black Clothing or colour black
        > Escallop - shell (badge of Pilgrimage)
        > Erased - Violently torn off
        > Argent - Silver on white
        >
        > Crest - Worn on top of helmet
        > Dextor - Top left hand corner
        > Proper - Shown in its natural colors
        >

        > Ok- has anyone seen this or heard of this???
        > Comments/help please! Later, Jan (FL) :-)

        No.
        What was surname village/town of origin in Slovakia ?

        Probably 600-1000 surname Mikus bearers just in the
        U.S.
        If family crest was created by noble knights in Slovakia
        it must have been before 1000 A.D.

        Very seldom can a surname researcher document family tree from before
        16th century.
        Earliest for Slovakia is probably back to 13th century for a village.

        The Slovaks were the first nation to establish an independent state in
        Central Europe about 624 A.D.
        The territory of Slovakia was ruled by Slovak Kings.
        The Czechs were under the rule of the Slovaks from about 889 A.D.to
        894 A.D.
        In the 10th c the Slovak Kingdom was destroyed by an alliance of
        Magyars, Czechs and Germans.
        About the year 1000 A.D. Slovakia was annexed to Hungary and ruled by
        the Magyars until 1918 A.D.

        If of the nobility the surname should be recorded in historical annals
        and books of the nobility.
        Without documentation you can establish no claim to any surname coat
        of arms or family crest.
      • frankur@att.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 7 5:58 AM
          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., gografix <gografix@a...> wrote:
          > Hello--
          > First of all I was not looking for my family crest! I have heard
          > or seen so many people getting advise from experts that it is NO
          quick
          > thing to find a family crest & not all surnames have a crest!
          > So with that in mind...
          > I just recently found out that a Family Crest exists for the
          > surname of MIKUS. This person has a picture & frame that has the
          > description and the background. It describes that the MIKUS came
          from
          > the Arch-Angel Michael. And that most of the MIKUS family were
          created
          > by nobel knights in Slovakia.

          The Slovakia telephone directory lists 12 surname Mikus^ (Mikush)
          under Dubnica nad Váhom and 1 surname under Dubnic^ka.
          The directory also lists 50 or so surname Mikus^ bearers under
          Bánovce nad Bebravou and Banská Bytrica.

          38 surname Mikush are listed in the U.S. Social Security Security
          Death Index.

          http://ssdi.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?f3=Mikush&f4=&f0=&f1=&f2=&f20
          =&advqt=%2Fsearch%2Frectype%2Fvital%2Fssdi%2Fmain.htm&db=ssdi&ti=0&sub
          mit423=Search&f13=&f15=&f14=&f12=&f9=&f8=&f10=&f6=&f5=&f7=

          Probably another 80-120 surname bearers just in the U.S.