Re: [S-R] Names : Polacek, Bartos, Marusnik, Havran

  • krejc@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4, 2001
      Nathalie,
      my grandmother was a Bartos and she came from Eastern Slovakia near Presov.
      do you know where your Bartos relations were from?
      Noreen
    • Miguel GOMES
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 9, 2001
        Noreen,
        My grandmother was also a Bartos. I will ask my father to give me the exact
        name of the village in Slovakia where his family is from. I only know that
        it is near Nitra. What is interesting is that whereas a part of the family
        emigrated to the South of Austro-Hungaria, others emigrated to the USA in
        the same time.
        My parents have a book from their native village, Padina, in Vojvodine/Banat
        (Serbia). This book gives the name of the people who went to the US and
        those who moved to the South of the Empire. I must re-read that book (it is
        400 pages written in Slovak !) and I will give you details after.

        Nathalie
        France

        my grandmother was a Bartos and she came from Eastern Slovakia near Presov.
        do you know where your Bartos relations were from?
        Noreen

      • savedbygrace1996
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 7 4:20 AM
          Hi Nathalie,

          Your post about Padina caught my eye. My ancestors migrated from the
          village of Abelova in Slovakia to Padina. Could you check your book
          for the name BABUCHNA?
          Thanks,
          Tracy

          > My parents have a book from their native village, Padina, in
          Vojvodine/Banat(Serbia). This book gives the name of the people who
          went to the US and those who moved to the South of the Empire. I must
          re-read that book (it is 400 pages written in Slovak)<
        • frankly1us
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 8 8:44 AM
            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., "savedbygrace1996" <TracynPhillip@a...>
            wrote:
            > Hi Nathalie,
            >
            > Your post about Padina caught my eye. My ancestors migrated from
            the
            > village of Abelova in Slovakia to Padina. Could you check your
            book
            > for the name BABUCHNA?
            > Thanks,
            > Tracy
            >
            > > My parents have a book from their native village, Padina, in
            > Vojvodine/Banat(Serbia). This book gives the name of the people who
            > went to the US and those who moved to the South of the Empire. I
            must
            > re-read that book (it is 400 pages written in Slovak)<

            A'belová (Sk) Abelfalva (H) is located 108 miles east of
            Bratislava in the Luc^enec area of Slovakia.
            The Slovakia telephone directory lists a single surname Babuchna under
            Luc^enec.
            The R.C. parish church records (1755-1898) for A'belová are listed
            under Horny' Tisovník (2 churches)

            Padina was a Donauschwaben (German) village located in the Bánát
            region.
            Vojvodina (C) Vajdaság (H) Wojwodina (G) was a region which is now
            located in Serbia.
            In former Yugoslavia before the fall of Communism there were
            80,000 Slovaks.

            http://www.genealogienetz.de/reg/ESE/dsban-osb.html
            http://www.genealogienetz.de/privat/flacker/ortsmone.htm

            Village Names: