Re: [S-R] Names : Polacek, Bartos, Marusnik, Havran

  • krejc@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4, 2001
      Nathalie,
      my grandmother was a Bartos and she came from Eastern Slovakia near Presov.
      do you know where your Bartos relations were from?
      Noreen
    • Miguel GOMES
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 9, 2001
        Noreen,
        My grandmother was also a Bartos. I will ask my father to give me the exact
        name of the village in Slovakia where his family is from. I only know that
        it is near Nitra. What is interesting is that whereas a part of the family
        emigrated to the South of Austro-Hungaria, others emigrated to the USA in
        the same time.
        My parents have a book from their native village, Padina, in Vojvodine/Banat
        (Serbia). This book gives the name of the people who went to the US and
        those who moved to the South of the Empire. I must re-read that book (it is
        400 pages written in Slovak !) and I will give you details after.

        Nathalie
        France

        my grandmother was a Bartos and she came from Eastern Slovakia near Presov.
        do you know where your Bartos relations were from?
        Noreen

      • savedbygrace1996
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 7, 2002
          Hi Nathalie,

          Your post about Padina caught my eye. My ancestors migrated from the
          village of Abelova in Slovakia to Padina. Could you check your book
          for the name BABUCHNA?
          Thanks,
          Tracy

          > My parents have a book from their native village, Padina, in
          Vojvodine/Banat(Serbia). This book gives the name of the people who
          went to the US and those who moved to the South of the Empire. I must
          re-read that book (it is 400 pages written in Slovak)<
        • frankly1us
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 8, 2002
            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., "savedbygrace1996" <TracynPhillip@a...>
            wrote:
            > Hi Nathalie,
            >
            > Your post about Padina caught my eye. My ancestors migrated from
            the
            > village of Abelova in Slovakia to Padina. Could you check your
            book
            > for the name BABUCHNA?
            > Thanks,
            > Tracy
            >
            > > My parents have a book from their native village, Padina, in
            > Vojvodine/Banat(Serbia). This book gives the name of the people who
            > went to the US and those who moved to the South of the Empire. I
            must
            > re-read that book (it is 400 pages written in Slovak)<

            A'belová (Sk) Abelfalva (H) is located 108 miles east of
            Bratislava in the Luc^enec area of Slovakia.
            The Slovakia telephone directory lists a single surname Babuchna under
            Luc^enec.
            The R.C. parish church records (1755-1898) for A'belová are listed
            under Horny' Tisovník (2 churches)

            Padina was a Donauschwaben (German) village located in the Bánát
            region.
            Vojvodina (C) Vajdaság (H) Wojwodina (G) was a region which is now
            located in Serbia.
            In former Yugoslavia before the fall of Communism there were
            80,000 Slovaks.

            http://www.genealogienetz.de/reg/ESE/dsban-osb.html
            http://www.genealogienetz.de/privat/flacker/ortsmone.htm

            Village Names: