RE: [S-R] help with translation - Hungarian (I think)

  • Janet Kozlay
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 16, 2012
      Julie, the record says “gör. kath. hajadon” [Greek Catholic, unmarried]

      Godparents are Geczek Mihaly, Roman Catholic, bachelor, and
      Geczek Maria

      Janet

      From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>
      ] On
      Behalf Of Julie Mark
      Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 7:18 PM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [S-R] help with translation - Hungarian (I think)

      I was wondering if someone could help me with this birth record:

      https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-267-11680-151954-61?cc=1554443
      <https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-267-11680-151954-61?cc=1554443&wc=
      > &wc=
      > &wc=
      MM5Z-9QF:615004218> &wc=MM5Z-9QF:615004218

      I believe it is my great grandfather, Andras Mitro on line 6, illegitimate
      son of Anna Mitro. The only thing I know is the town where they live,
      SomosUjfalu. What is written under his mother's name? and you can anyone
      make out the names of his godparents?

      Thank you so much!

      After not finding a single record using the newest index for the church
      record books (even ones I know are there do not show up when I search for
      them), I am happy to say that I have found several of my ancestors in the
      newly released 1869 census.

      Julie