VESELY SEARCH - HENRY VESELY DB: May 3, 1890 in PRAGUE, lived in ALPINE, NY

  • maryvesely1899
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 8, 2012
      Hello,

      For many years, I have been searching for my grandmother's first husband, WALTER GEORGE WOLFE.DOB: 1895 approx) My grandmother Mary Vesely, nee Vrana was born in 1899 in NYC. Both her parents came from Prague according to what I've been told:-)) I decided I might have more luck if I searched for other members of her family. One in particular would be HENRY VESELY, born MAY 3, 1890 in Prague, Bohemia, Austria-Hungry which is what he stated on his registration card. He lived at RFD#3, ALPINE, NY. He was 27, married with wife and child and a farmer in 1917 according to the only record/information I have. I would love to find his heirs to learn more about my family.

      Any information would be much appreciated,
      Kind regards,
      MV
    • William C. Wormuth
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 8, 2012
        Mary,

        I couldn't find Him in Ellis.  I did find:

        https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MSVF-2RX
        Henery is Not a Czech name .  It would be Emmerich, Imrich or german Hienrich.
        The LDS sie , (given above), gives "Austria" as birth place.  Prague was under Austrian control at that time.
        Try this and let us know if we can do more.

        Z Bohom,

        Vilo

        ________________________________

      • lkocik@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 9, 2012
          Mary

           Hi.

           1930 Federal census;

          Henry Vesely   born 1890 czechoslovakia

          lived Queens N.Y.

          Wife; Mary born 1890 Czechoslovakia

          daughter; Pauline born 1927 New York

          1920 Federal census;

          Henry Vesely  born 1890  Bohemia

          wife; Mary  born Bohemia

          son; Henry  age 3 years and 6 months  born New York

          1900 Federal census;

          Henry Vesely  born 1890  Austria

          father; Henry

          mother; Mary

          sister; Lillie

          sister; Elsie

          sister; Mary

          1915 N.Y. state census;

          Henry Vesley  born 1890

          Veteran

          Chemung, New York

            You'll need to look up the actual census to verify all this.

           Also Austria, Bohemia, and Czechoslovakia can all be correct for Prauge

          Larry

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 9, 2012
            Mary,
            Several others have given you census data. Henry's daughter Pauline married and had one child. Pauline died in 2007 and her husband some years earlier. If you will contact me privately by e-mail I can check if their only child wishes to make contact with you.

            Best,
            Curt B.