Re: 1869 Census ONLINE !

  • rharrill001
    Message 1 of 26 , Jul 5, 2012
      I've been looking through the census records for the town Sabinov (fka Kisszeben and Cibinium). I see the town Orkucany, which is joined to Sabinov, but nothing related to Sabinov itself. Does any one know if Sabinov would be listed under some other name that I'm not aware of?

      > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1961-28476-21056-44?cc=1986782&wc=MMRC-HJX:4506859#uri=https%3A%2F%2Fapi.familysearch.org%2Frecords%2Fcollection%2F1986782%2Fwaypoints
      >
      > Looks a little mixed up as uasual....but they are there!

    • Michael Mojher
      Message 2 of 26 , Jul 5, 2012
        1863–1913 Kisszeben , Sabinov was known by this name in 1869.

        --- In mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com, "patskanovo" <ddhalusker@...> wrote:

        > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1961-28476-21056-44?cc=1986782&wc=MMRC-HJX:4506859#uri=https%3A%2F%2Fapi.familysearch.org%2Frecords%2Fcollection%2F1986782%2Fwaypoints
        >
        > Looks a little mixed up as uasual....but they are there!

      • Sandra & John Panzitta
        Message 3 of 26 , Jul 5, 2012
          Speaking of the 1869 Census, I am looking for Nemcovce, but the nearest I can find is Kapusany. Any possibility Nemcovce had a different name?

        • William C. Wormuth
          Message 4 of 26 , Jul 5, 2012
            Sandra and John,
            Try this:  http://www.cisarik.com/0_all-villages-N.html

            ________________________________
            Message 5 of 26 , Jul 5, 2012
              Nemcovce BJ/PV šariš.
              1773 Tapli-Németfalva, Tapli-Nemetfalva, Nemcžowcze, 1786 Tapli-Németfalu, Nemcowce, 1808 Tapli-Németfalva, Němcowce, 1863–1902 Taplinémetfalu, 1907–1913 Tapolynémetfalu, 1920 Nemčovce, Nemcovce, 1927– Nemcovce

              Nemcovce PO/PV šariš. 1990 vyčl. o. Lipníky.
              1773 Kapi-Németfalva, Nemcžowcze, 1786 Kapi-Némethfalu, Nemcowcze, 1808 Kapi-Németfalva, Němcowce, 1863–1913 Kapinémetfalu, 1920– Nemcovce

              There were two Nemcovce in the Hungarian County of Saris in 1869. The in 1869 the top one was Taplinemetfalu and the bottom one Kapinemetfalu.

              Message 6 of 26 , Jul 5, 2012
                Yes, I am looking for Kapinemetfalu - it appears it was not included in the census or it has been lost to time.

                Message 7 of 26 , Jul 5, 2012
                  You may have a problem of mixed up records. As you can see below they give the Okres Bardejov Nemcovce as being Kapi-Memetfalu. Whereas the Slovak Census lists the Okres Presov as being Kapi-Memetfalu. If you are lucky the online Nemcovce maybe the Okres Presov rather than the Okres Bardejov. So in the 1860 Census view Tapli-Nemetfalu (Nemcovce).

                  Slovakia, Bardejov, Nemcovce - Church records
                  Czechoslovakia, Slovensko, Giraltovce, Nemcovce - Church records
                  Hungary, Sáros, Kapi-Németfalu - Church records

                  Evangelical Church parish registers of births, marriages and deaths for Nemcovce, Slovakia, formerly Kapi-Németfalu, Sáros, Hungary. Text in Latin and Hungarian.

                  Yes, I am looking for Kapinemetfalu - it appears it was not included in the census or it has been lost to time.

                  On Jul 5, 2012, at 4:16 PM, Michael Mojher wrote:

                  > Nemcovce BJ/PV šariš.
                  > 1773 Tapli-Németfalva, Tapli-Nemetfalva, Nemcžowcze, 1786 Tapli-Németfalu, Nemcowce, 1808 Tapli-Németfalva, Němcowce, 1863–1902 Taplinémetfalu, 1907–1913 Tapolynémetfalu, 1920 Nemčovce, Nemcovce, 1927– Nemcovce
                  >
                  > Nemcovce PO/PV šariš. 1990 vyčl. o. Lipníky.
                  > 1773 Kapi-Németfalva, Nemcžowcze, 1786 Kapi-Némethfalu, Nemcowcze, 1808 Kapi-Németfalva, Němcowce, 1863–1913 Kapinémetfalu, 1920– Nemcovce
                  >
                  > There were two Nemcovce in the Hungarian County of Saris in 1869. The in 1869 the top one was Taplinemetfalu and the bottom one Kapinemetfalu.

                • John
                  Message 8 of 26 , Jul 5, 2012
                    >>> Yes, I am looking for Kapinemetfalu - it appears it was not included in the census or it has been lost to time.<<<

                    They often put a lot of digital; images together. Nemcovce is on film#2189411 Item 6

                    A TRICK:
                    Go to Keczer-Pálvágás (Kecerovské Pavlovce) (item 3 on same film) and then move forward a few hundred images. I did not look to see if it works.
                  • Sandra & John Panzitta
                    Message 9 of 26 , Jul 5, 2012
                      I chose Saros - then the records were listed by municipality - no Nemcovce.

                      Message 10 of 26 , Jul 5, 2012
                        I don't think that is the Nemcovce I am looking for. There are two Nemcovce (see below) - Tapli-Nemetfalu and Kapi-Nemetfalu. I am looking for the other one. But thanks for poking around for me.

                        Message 11 of 26 , Jul 5, 2012
                          Right ... there is nothing under that name in the 1869 Census.