Paulus Chvala Birth Record

  • John
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 4, 2012
      >>> My grandfather, who was born in Hasprunka around 1884 (we think) was Paul Pavel) Chvala. Various information gives his fathers name as either Vincent or Pavel and his mothers name as Catherina or Katherine.<<<

      The birth record is found at: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-14328-55410-90?cc=1554443

      Slovakia, Church and Synagogue Books, 1592-1910Roman Catholic (Rímsko-katolícká cirkev)MalackyStudienkaBaptisms (Krsty) 1871-1910 Image 163 of 394

      Paulus Chvala, RC, Hasprunka 237
      Father: Paulus Chvala
      Mother: Catharian Vicen, RC, Mala Chvaliana(?)
    • William C. Wormuth
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 4, 2012
        John,

        Paulus Chvala, RC, Hasprunka 237
        Father: Paulus Chvala
        Mother: Catharian Vicen, RC, Mala Chvaliana(?)

        Mala Chvaliana appears in the Address column. IE...Hasprunka 237, then Mala Chvaliana. This does not translate sensibly.

        I found a similar notation, #29 April 6 and 9:
        https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-14328-55459-3?cc=1554443&wc=MM5Z-HLJ:n1883937349

        Z Bohom,

        Vilo

        ________________________________
        >>> My grandfather, who was born in Hasprunka around 1884 (we think) was Paul Pavel) Chvala. Various information gives his fathers name as either Vincent or Pavel and his mothers name as Catherina or Katherine.<<<

        The birth record is found at: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-14328-55410-90?cc=1554443

        Slovakia, Church and Synagogue Books, 1592-1910Roman Catholic (Rímsko-katolícká cirkev)MalackyStudienkaBaptisms (Krsty) 1871-1910 Image 163 of 394

        Paulus Chvala, RC, Hasprunka 237
        Father: Paulus Chvala
        Mother: Catharian Vicen, RC, Mala Chvaliana(?)

      • CurtB
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 4, 2012
          John & Vilo
          This tranlsates quite sensibly. Remember the priest is writing in pretty elegant Latin in this register. The word is "Mola" in the column for the place or number in the village. So Mola Chvaliana, means they live at Chvala's mill. He is an operator of the mill. The same in the other citation. They live at such and such mill.

          Curt B.