RE: [S-R] Re: RUGLOSKI - ELKANICH - BOGTA - FERESAK

  • Jon Olson
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 4, 2012
      I need help translating the text from the Greek Catholic Baptisms/Deaths
      Michalovce - Falkusovce P.361 Line 36. I can make out what appears to be my gr
      gr gr grandfathers name Mihaly Rudlyovski and was wondering what the rest of the
      text says.

      https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11593-83320-8?cc=1554443&wc=MM5Z-9H\
      W:n1348712956

      Thanks, Jon

      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      From: senzus@...
      Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 10:15:55 -0700
      Subject: Re: [S-R] Re: RUGLOSKI - ELKANICH - BOGTA - FERESAK

      I believe your names have been changed. I believe the Town of birth is Loz~in [Loh-zheen] , Old Hungarian name Lozany [Loh-zany] The records can be in a village nearby called Trhovis~te Trrhohveesh-teh] and the Baptismal name: Maria Maria Ilykanic~, (in Hungarian), Slovak, IL'KANIC~ [Eely-kahn-eech] .

      It is hard to teach how to pronounce some letters in words. d' = d with tounge on the roof of our mouth. same with t' and n~. The letter "o", with an upside down "v"

      is pronounced [woh].

      I use the "~", to note the small "v" over a letter.

      "https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-267-12378-138169-32?cc=1554443&wc=MM5Z-WQ6:452395085

      http://www.lozin.ocu.sk/sk/

      I will keep trying.

      God Bless,