1869 Census

  • exitbird07
    Message 1 of 40 , Jul 3 11:19 AM
      My Grandfather (Kokinda) and Grandmother (Csura-Chura) came from Lipova Slovakia and the church records have been very helpful for info
      on my family.
      Hit a brick wall in looking at the family search census records. Went to
      Saros and selected Lipova. Didnt recognze any of the names. I suspect
      this is not the Lipova my family came from. The Lipova Im interested in is in the Ortutova GC Parish along with Sasova.
      One, the Lipova in the Census is also known as Lipovcec (which I never
      heard of before) and two it seems there is an excessive amount of records
      for the traditional size of my Grandparents Lipova.
      Does anyone know exactly where the listed Lipova is located.
    • Judy
      Message 40 of 40 , Mar 31
        Thank you so much. I will stop looking !!

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Mar 31, 2015, at 9:15 AM, johnqadam@... [SLOVAK-ROOTS] <SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        >>> I have tried to find Vesce (Vocjice)  and Milhostov on the 1869 census, Zemplin County but can not. <<<

        Don’t believe ANY of what you see online for Zemplen Megye. The Zemplen films are NOT online. Film ONLY. LDS has been made aware of the problem and has declined to fix it.

        https://familysearch.org/search/catalog/385993?availability=Family%20History%20Library

        Velejte (Vel̓aty) -- Velkrop -- Velepolya (Vel̓opolie) -- Vécse (Vojčice) Film #720021

        Mezőlaborcz (Medzilaborce) -- Micsák (Mičakovce) -- Miglécz (Miglešov) -- Mihajló (Michajlov) -- Mihályi (Michal̓any) Fim #722744

        Order the films for delivery to your nearest Family Hisstory Center (FHC).