1869 Census

  • exitbird07
    Message 1 of 27 , Jul 3, 2012
      My Grandfather (Kokinda) and Grandmother (Csura-Chura) came from Lipova Slovakia and the church records have been very helpful for info
      on my family.
      Hit a brick wall in looking at the family search census records. Went to
      Saros and selected Lipova. Didnt recognze any of the names. I suspect
      this is not the Lipova my family came from. The Lipova Im interested in is in the Ortutova GC Parish along with Sasova.
      One, the Lipova in the Census is also known as Lipovcec (which I never
      heard of before) and two it seems there is an excessive amount of records
      for the traditional size of my Grandparents Lipova.
      Does anyone know exactly where the listed Lipova is located.
    • John
      Message 2 of 27 , Jul 3, 2012
        1) Your instance of Lipova is in Saros Megye = county. The OLD LDS site gives us the ultimate film number.
        2) The actual FILM reference is Lipova (Lipovcec) Film #2189250 Item 3
        3) the URL for the online film is: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-28478-16208-0?cc=1986782&wc=MMRC-CC6:n560851000

        Happy squinting.

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "exitbird07" <rkokinda@...> wrote:

        > My Grandfather (Kokinda) and Grandmother (Csura-Chura) came from Lipova Slovakia and the church records have been very helpful for info
        > on my family.
        > Hit a brick wall in looking at the family search census records. Went to
        > Saros and selected Lipova. Didnt recognze any of the names. I suspect
        > this is not the Lipova my family came from. The Lipova Im interested in is in the Ortutova GC Parish along with Sasova.
        > One, the Lipova in the Census is also known as Lipovcec (which I never
        > heard of before) and two it seems there is an excessive amount of records
        > for the traditional size of my Grandparents Lipova.
        > Does anyone know exactly where the listed Lipova is located.

      • Michael Mojher
        Message 3 of 27 , Jul 3, 2012
          This is the names the Lipova in Hungarian Saris County has gone by.
          Lipová BJ/PV šariš.
          1773 Lippova, 1786 Lippowa, 1808 Lipová, 1863–1902 Lipova, 1907–1913 Tapolylippó, 1920– Lipová

          This Lipova in what would have been in Hungarian Nitra County seems to have been created in 1960 out of two villages; Mlynsky Sek and Ondrochov.
          Lipová NZ/NI nitr. 1960 zlúč. o. Mlynský Sek a Ondrochov do o. Lipová.
          1960– Lipová
          Mlynský Sek: 1773 Malom-Szegh, 1786, 1808, 1873–1907 Malomszeg, 1863 Malomszegh, 1913, 1938–1945 Nyitramalomszeg, 1920 Malomseg, 1927–1938, 1945–1960 Mlynský Sek
          Ondrochov: 1773 Onderho, Onderhoff, Onderhow, 1786 Onderho, Onderhof, 1951–1960 Ondrochov

          This is in the same counties as the first Lipova.
          Ortuťová BJ/PV šariš.
          1773 Ortutova, Ortutowa, 1786 Ortutowa, 1808 Ortutová, 1863 Ortuto, 1873–1913 Ortutó, 1920–1946 Ortutová, 1946– Ortuťová

          Ortutova, Sasova and Lipova are all neighboring villages in what would have been the Hungarian County of Saris. In 1869 there were no other Lipova in Hungary.

          This village went by Lipovec, but not intil 1920.
          Lipovce PO/PV šariš. 1991 pričl. o. Lačnov.
          1773 Lipocz, Lipowecz, 1786 Lippocz, Lipowce, 1808 Szinye Lipócz, Lipowec, 1863–1913 Szinyelipóc, 1920 Lipovec, 1927– Lipovce