RE: [S-R] Re: Castle Garden, New York

  • Rick Mayernik
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 1, 2012
      Curt..

      Thanks for keeping this message sequence going. At this time.........I am
      not a paid user of ancestry. Can you please send me an email copy of the
      page with my grandfather and his brother? Also, I'd like to search the list
      for my great grandmother........is this possible?

      Thanks so much,

      Rick

      _____

      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 1, 2012
        Rick,
        I have sent the page to your private mail address. Let me know if you don't recieve it. The entire manifest is many pages. How strange that the boys listed as aged 4 and 2 are not immediately accompanied by an adult, but maybe the person is elsewhere within the manifest. I cannot send the whole manifest. You will have to join ancestry for at least a short period for you to do detailed searching. I am willing to do one search for you but give me the possible name or names of the mother.

        Curt B.

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Mayernik" <rmayer@...> wrote:

        > Curt..
        >
        > Thanks for keeping this message sequence going. At this time.........I am
        > not a paid user of ancestry. Can you please send me an email copy of the
        > page with my grandfather and his brother? Also, I'd like to search the list
        > for my great grandmother........is this possible?
        >
        > Thanks so much,
        >
        > Rick
        >
        > _____

      • Rick Mayernik
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 1, 2012
          Curt

          Thanks so much for helping me discover my history. The adult with the 2
          small boys would have been their mother, Maria (Mary) Koscs Majernik, born
          1869. The husband, Josef was already in the United States. I do not know
          when he came to the United States.

          Yes it is odd that no parent is directly attached to the children.

          Have a good week and thanks again.

          Rick

          _____

          , "Rick Mayernik" <rmayer@...> wrote:

          > Curt..
          >
          > Thanks for keeping this message sequence going. At this time.........I am
          > not a paid user of ancestry. Can you please send me an email copy of the
          > page with my grandfather and his brother? Also, I'd like to search the
          list
          > for my great grandmother........is this possible?
          >
          > Thanks so much,
          >
          > Rick
          >
          > _____
          >
          > From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>
          ] On
          > Behalf Of CurtB
          > Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2012 11:50 PM
          > To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>
          > Subject: [S-R] Re: Castle Garden, New York
          >

          > Tom,
          > I saw the manifest on ancestry.com. No one else has the manifest itself
          > available for viewing. You need a paid subscription to see it. I can send
          an
          > e-mail copy of the page to anyone who wants to see it, but posting a link
          is
          > not possible for a paid subscription service.
          >
          > Curt B.
          >
          > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
          <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>
          <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>
          > , "t.salony" <t.salony@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Can I assume that nobody is giving a link to the actual manifest page
          > because there seems to be something totally jumbled in this particular
          > record? I'm using the Morse gold search, but can not view the supposed
          page
          > showing the boys. It opens an incorrect manifest image.
          > >
          > > TOM
          > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
          <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>
          > <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com> , "CurtB" <curt67boc@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Rick,
          > > > Yes, he appears in the manifest of the ship Trave [North German Lloyd
          > line] arriving New York from Bremen on 20 May 1897 along with his brother
          > Janos Majernik aged two years. It does not indicate with whom they arrived
          > on the immediate page. Just the two children are listed together. You may
          > have to search the entire manifest for other family or data.
          > > >
          > > > Curt B.--- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
          <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>

          Majernik
          > about
          > November

        • CurtB
          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 1, 2012
            Rick,
            I am happy to report that Marie Mayernik appears on an earlier page of the manifest, and heading to Mahonoy, Pa. I will forward a copy of this page also.

          • Gary Toth
            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 4, 2012
              Rick, via Curt's great info,

              Being a PA native, I would share that while Mahonoy is possibly correct, I
              have been burned by spelling on manifests. So, just in case Mahonoy hits a
              dead end, there is also Mahoning Township in PA. It's awfully close in
              spelling and sound, so you never know.

              Also, I have some other info that may help you. However, it begins to get
              off topic for the group. Go ahead and email me directly if you're
              interested.

              Thanks, Gary

              I am happy to report that Marie Mayernik appears on an earlier page of the
              manifest, and heading to Mahonoy, Pa. I will forward a copy of this page
              also.

              Curt B.

              --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Mayernik" <rmayer@...> wrote:

              > Curt
              >
              > Thanks so much for helping me discover my history. The adult with the
              > 2 small boys would have been their mother, Maria (Mary) Koscs
              > Majernik, born 1869. The husband, Josef was already in the United
              > States. I do not know when he came to the United States.
              >
              > Yes it is odd that no parent is directly attached to the children.
              >
              > Have a good week and thanks again.
              >
              > Rick
              >

              > _____

            • Paul Sabol
              Message 6 of 17 , Jul 4, 2012
                There is also a Mahanoy City and Mahanoy Township in Schuylkill County, PA.  My Slovak ancestors settled in Mahanoy City and worked the coal mines like so many others.

                Regards,

                Paul G. Sabol

                "Pain or damage don’t end the world, or despair or beatings. The world ends when you’re dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man—and give some back." - Al Swearingen

                ________________________________

              • hmsbob@aol.com

                  --- In _SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com)
                  , "Rick Mayernik" <rmayer@...> wrote:

                  > Curt
                  >
                  > Thanks so much for helping me discover my history. The adult with the
                  > 2 small boys would have been their mother, Maria (Mary) Koscs
                  > Majernik, born 1869. The husband, Josef was already in the United
                  > States. I do not know when he came to the United States.
                  >
                  > Yes it is odd that no parent is directly attached to the children.
                  >
                  > Have a good week and thanks again.
                  >
                  > Rick
                  >

                  > _____
                  >
                  > From: _SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto
                  :SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com)

                • Robert Wyland
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jul 7, 2012
                    re:  Mayernik - I've also found that NOT ALL ship manifests are on Ancestry.com.  You can join EllisIsland.org for free.  On one of my grandmother's trips to the US she is on the Ellis Island site but not found in ancestry.com.  Just saying.  Good luck in your search.

                    I also have a Marie (Mary) Mayernik in my heritage but she didn't have any children.  Originally from Velky Saris, Slovakia and after living in the US for many years, returned to Slovakia to retire with her husband, Anthony Mayernik.

                    Wanda

                    I am happy to report that Marie Mayernik appears on an earlier page of the
                    manifest, and heading to Mahonoy, Pa. I will forward a copy of this page
                    also.

                    Curt B.

                    --- In mailto:_SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com)
                    , "Rick Mayernik" <rmayer@...> wrote:

                    > Curt
                    >
                    > Thanks so much for helping me discover my history. The adult with the
                    > 2 small boys would have been their mother, Maria (Mary) Koscs
                    > Majernik, born 1869. The husband, Josef was already in the United
                    > States. I do not know when he came to the United States.
                    >
                    > Yes it is odd that no parent is directly attached to the children.
                    >
                    > Have a good week and thanks again.
                    >
                    > Rick
                    >

                    > _____
                    >
                    > From: mailto:_SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com_ (mailto

                    mailto:_SLOVAK-ROOTS-unsubscribe%40yahoogroups.comYahoo_
                    (mailto:mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-unsubscribe%40yahoogroups.comYahoo) ! Groups Links

                  • William C. Wormuth
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jul 7, 2012
                      http://telefonny.zoznam.sk/Ko%C5%A1%C4%8D/slovensko/