need help with 1869 census interpretation

  • christopher
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2012
      can anyone help with census interpretation of following? For Saros county, Hajtovka village, image 38 of 91, following is partial description of buildings:
      "A lakas van 2." "szoba? 1-1. 2.3.-1."

      there is nothing after the question "Hanyadik emeleten?" (How many upper floors?) so I am assuming "A lakas 2" indicates 2 rooms total in house.
      How would one interpret the information regarding sleeping rooms? - "szoba? 1-1. 2.3.-1"?????

      another page is similar and just as puzzling: image 20 for house number 11. "A laksa 2" "szoba? 1.2-1. 3.4-1."

      BTW, Bill Tarkulich's site is a priceless resource for reading census; I would be nowhere w/o it.