[S-R] Re: Baptism Record translation help

  • AnnieW
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 29, 2012
      Thanks John, yes I mean the Most Holy Trinity Roman Catholic church is where they went. I think we may have sent a few emails back in forth awhile back, our Kmetz family one of the daughters married a Gonda and the other a Cleary and Gazelle my husbands grandmother married John Garan Jr who went to the Russian Orthodox Holy Trinity. Anyway I think that was you...

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "John H. Beach" <John_H_Beach@...> wrote:

      > This Trinity Church in Yonkers that is Sovak and is really named _Most_
      > Holy Trinity RC. There are 3 Trinity churches within a block of each
      > other, the other two are Russian Orthodox Trinity and Lutheran Trinity.
      > My wife's grandfather, Michael Begany(i), was an original member of the
      > Most Holy Trinity and lived across from it on FranklinSt. now Trinity
      > Pl. He was from Niz(ná Mys(l(a. My wife seems to remember the Kmetz
      > name there. I went to high school in Yonkers with an Al Kmetz.
      >
      > --
      > Kind Regards,
      >
      > John H. Beach
      > Yonkers, NY.
      >
      > john_h_beach@... Note: the "_" before and after the initial "h" is an underscore character, not a dash or space.

    • William C. Wormuth
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 29, 2012
        Annie,

        Don't know if you have visited this site.  You can translate by clicking on the British flag.  Pictures of the Church are SUPER!  Roman Catholics go to church in Presov.

        Z Bohom,

        Vilo

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 30, 2012
          Vilo,
          Where’s the link?
          I’m interested because my cousin, Jozef Dronzek, a Roman Catholic priest is stationed at St. Nicolas in Presov.
          Michael

          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 30, 2012
            http://www.ruskanovaves.sk/

            Michal,

            Quit Laugh'n at me!  "Kde sem, ti budes~!"  (Or, where I am you will be). :o)

            I am sorry I forgot to add the site.

            S Panem Bohem,

            Vilko/SPROSTI