Re: Hrobljak/Kocsis - Maiden Name?

  • CurtB
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 29, 2012
      Jane,
      This is a difficult one to answer without further evidence. A double name entry might normally mean that the second name of Kocsis would be an alias added to the family name. But looking closely at the entry you will notice that the Kocsis was added after the original entry, and with fresh ink. It may mean that Hrobljak is an error that the scribe corrected, though the writer usually crosses out the error. Or you speculation that Hrobljak may be her first husband but Koscis is her real family name. Since Koscis is used again without the Hrobljak that seems to clearly be her original family name. You should read carefully through the earlier record to see if you can find Hroblak and Koscis family.

      Curt B.