[Admin] This list

  • sabinov@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2001
      We seem to be having more posts about joining/leaving/changing status on
      this list than anything else lately :(

      OK, this is the deal.....

      If you are -getting messages- and can -send messages or post messages
      via the webpage- then you are a member of this list. You can also go to
      the group page and look for your own name/email address on the
      membership list.

      Guests (i.e. people who are not members of this group) can -read the
      messages- as I have not set the list to "private archives", but guests
      cannot post to the list. Changing that to private archives is an option
      if many of you feel strongly about it, but I thought it would allow
      people to make more connections with us.

      Yes, the buying of onelist/egroups/yahoogroups has been very frustrating
      (try being in my shoes while this went on - yikes), but again, I really
      feel that this list is better off staying on this server, not just
      because many of you use the upload files feature to share or get
      opinions on documents etc.

      I realize people have had problems with rejoining etc when yahoogroups
      bought the server not too long ago. All I can suggest is that you go to
      the group page, see if you can sign in, and if you can't, then you have
      to check into why. There could be many reasons for that, and honestly,
      even -I- can't help you with most of those. You'll have to see what the
      problem is and if it's technical you may have to write to yahoogroups
      and get them to help you.

      That's all I can tell you. If you look around on the group page (once
      you have logged in) you -will- find everything you need. If you ask them
      to remember you (cookies I guess) then you won't have to deal with the
      password etc every time, but that's a personal choice.

      And PLEASE bookmark that group page, so we don't continually get the
      unsubscribe commands to the list etc..... I know some of this is kind
      of hard.... but unsubscribing really isn't.

      Thanks for your cooperation.....

      Maura

      Helpful Hints for Successful Searching