Koniec was Re: [S-R] changing mail receiving option

  • John
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 30 9:35 AM
      At 10:41 PM 3/29/01 -0800, you wrote:
      >I am not a "guest" and I don't think Gregory is either. The screen you are
      >referring to is presented either due to "cookies" you have and the site is
      >reading (and Yahoo is really into cookies) or the final address of the URL you
      >arrive at, to is different than the one you provided. If the URL is
      >different,
      >it could be due to cookies.

      This thread appears to be escalating Florida style. OK Joe, I am a "member"
      and I arrived at the screen that I posted in the S-R File area by clicking
      on the URL that was posted in the thread. It appears to be giving others a
      different screen. There is a good chance it has something to do with
      cookies or not fully following the instructions when the E groups to Yahoo
      transition took place. I've heard a lot of arguments pro and con on
      cookies and I've heard others associate the E-Y transition with an increase
      in junk mail. I do wish to maintain a modicum of privacy and I have
      a firewall installed, but I have not developed Sesame Streetitis, a.k.a.
      Cookie Monster paranoia. I maintain my private information on an offline
      device. None of this is foolproof. C'est la vie.

      >I, also, must invite your attention to the earlier message from
      >Bernardine, she arrives at the same site I do and I will assume that
      >Gregory also arrives at the same place.

      Don't "assume" too much. Greg said "I note when I go to the page on the
      left it says I am a Guest and has an option to sign in."

      >We'll figure it out eventually.

      Good luck. If anyone would like to discuss this thread in a private mode,
      feel free to contact me (not that I'm guaranteeing a solution, after all,
      it's free advice.) ;-)

      John