1869 census

  • Rick Mayernik
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 26, 2012
      Hello -

      My area of interest is in and near the area of Zamutov.

      Has that "village" been filmed (and included online)?

      Thank you,

      Rick

    • aleykauf@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 18

        I saw the translation for the headings of the 1869 census ...Is the 1869 census available for Poszony / Vaga?

        It has not been microfilmed by FHL...If so , where can I find it?  Thank you

      • johnqadam@rogers.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 19
          >>> Is the 1869 census available for Poszony / Vaga? <<<

          It is not in the LDS library and so probably npt available anywhere.
        • Robert Pollak
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 20
            Are Spisssk Nove Ves and Krasnohorske Podhradie in the 1869 Census and if so, under which county?

            Thanks for any help.

            Bob Pollak

          • johnqadam@rogers.com
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 20
              >>> Are [Spisssk] Nove Ves and Krasnohorske Podhradie in the 1869 Census and if so, under which county? <<<

              Szepes (yes) and Gomor Megye (no).
            • Robert Pollak
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 21
                I have looked through the list of Municipalities for Szepes County but cannot find Spisska Nova Ves listed.  Is it perhaps combined with another Municipality?

                Bob Pollak

                >>> Are [Spisssk] Nove Ves and Krasnohorske Podhradie in the 1869 Census and if so, under which county? <<<

                Szepes (yes) and Gomor Megye (no).

              • Carolyn
                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 21
                  I have ancestors from here too.   It was called Iglo in Szepes megye (county),  and is now called Spisska Nova Ves in  Slovakia.

                  Carolyn

                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 24

                    Source:  http://www.jewishgen.org/databases/Hungary/Census1869.htm
                    "No data was available for the 13 cities with their own magistrates: Bela, Gnezda, Iglo, Leibicz, Lublo, Podolin, Poprad, Szepes-Olaszi, Szepes-Szombat, Szepes-Varalja, Golnicz, Kesmark, and Locse."

                    I'm no expert, but I did stumble across the above note recently.  Perhaps someone on the list knows if this is true.

                    Joan