1869 Census ONLINE !

  • patskanovo
    Message 1 of 26 , Jun 26, 2012
    • patskanovo
      Message 2 of 26 , Jun 26, 2012
      • patskanovo
        Message 3 of 26 , Jun 26, 2012
          Example...Bisztra (Bystr'e)
          It is on two rolls in both Zemplin and Saros....

          If any body comes across Remenye/Remeniny please let me know.

          Thanks,
          Dennis

        • sunysa@aol.com
          Message 4 of 26 , Jun 26, 2012
            I am not sure why I didn't see Homonna, which should be in Zemplin County. Am I just blind, or is it listed elsewhere?

            Thanks for any guidance,

            Paul Horvat

            Looks a little mixed up as uasual....but they are there!

            inks
            Individual Email | Traditional
            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • patskanovo
            Message 5 of 26 , Jun 26, 2012
              It is very frustrating after waiting for so many years...

              Dennis

              --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, sunysa@... wrote:

              > I am not sure why I didn't see Homonna, which should be in Zemplin County. Am I just blind, or is it listed elsewhere?
              >
              > Thanks for any guidance,
              >
              > Paul Horvat

            • Karen Kosky
              Message 6 of 26 , Jun 26, 2012
                This is great news however no Pozsony. :-( Does anyone know if they ever got around to filming it?

                Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

              • htcstech
                Message 7 of 26 , Jun 26, 2012
                  Great news and I echo Karen's post - Hopefully more districts will come
                  online.
                  Peter M.

                  On 27 June 2012 10:54, Karen Kosky <trixielixir@...> wrote:

                  > **
                  >

                  > This is great news however no Pozsony. :-( Does anyone know if they ever
                  > got around to filming it?
                  >
                  > Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

                • Julie Michutka
                  Message 8 of 26 , Jun 27, 2012
                    FamilySearch seems to put things online piecemeal, which (while frustrating sometimes) means that we don't *all* have to wait for *all* the microfilmed material to be transitioned to digital and online. I suspect they're doing the same thing with the census(es).

                    To answer the question of whether your county was ever microfilmed, check the census section of Bill Tarkulich's excellent website, www.iabsi.com. Keep in mind that even if your ancestral county's census was microfilmed, it does not guarantee that every village's census is extant and was microfilmed.

                    See also the report "Census and census-like material preserved in the archives of Hungary, Slovakia, and Transylvania (Romania), 18-19th centuries." It is available at http://www.demogr.mpg.de/papers/working/wp-2011-020.pdf. I also blogged about this article here, so that you can get a sense of what is covered in the report before you read it: http://www.saintcrossupheaval.blogspot.com/2012/02/using-hungarian-census-records-in.html .

                    Julie Michutka
                    jmm@...

                    On Jun 26, 2012, at 10:24 PM, htcstech wrote:

                    > Great news and I echo Karen's post - Hopefully more districts will come
                    > online.
                    > Peter M.
                    >
                    > On 27 June 2012 10:54, Karen Kosky <trixielixir@...> wrote:
                    >
                    >> This is great news however no Pozsony. :-( Does anyone know if they ever
                    >> got around to filming it?
                  • James Soltis
                    Message 9 of 26 , Jun 27, 2012
                      Yes, they are there!  However, I had just finished a film on the 1869 Hungarian
                      Census and when I logged on to this link, it looks the same, however, it reads,
                      Slovakia Census 1869.  The portion I examined was <Szepes> Felso Laps (Vysna
                      Lapse).  I found that many images were half pages and people for a specific
                      house were missing, i.e. House 10 does not have the rest of the census report.
                      I would advise caution.  It might be a good refernce to verify some of what you
                      have gotten of the FHC Film.

                      ________________________________
                      Looks a little mixed up as uasual....but they are there!

                    • painfantry@comcast.net
                      Message 10 of 26 , Jun 27, 2012
                        Is Hankovce on the saros roll.....I can't find it

                        Sent from my iPad

                        On Jun 26, 2012, at 6:26 PM, "patskanovo" <ddhalusker@...> wrote:

                        > Example...Bisztra (Bystr'e)
                        > It is on two rolls in both Zemplin and Saros....
                        > If any body comes across Remenye/Remeniny please let me know.
                        >
                        > Thanks,
                        > Dennis
                        >
                        > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "patskanovo" <ddhalusker@...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1961-28476-21056-44?cc=1986782&wc=MMRC-HJX:4506859#uri=https%3A%2F%2Fapi.familysearch.org%2Frecords%2Fcollection%2F1986782%2Fwaypoints
                        > >
                        > > Looks a little mixed up as uasual....but they are there!

                      • John
                        Message 11 of 26 , Jun 27, 2012
                          >>> Is Hankovce on the saros roll.....I can't find it <<<

                          Hankovce was in Zemplen Megey, not Saros. No, it's not showing up on the list today. Lots of Zemplen Megye is still missing.
                        • patskanovo
                          Message 12 of 26 , Jun 27, 2012
                            My Cousin in Slovakia tells me the records for the village of Remeniny
                            are still in Hungary...

                            "Remeniny is missing because original sheets are situated in Hungary in Satoraljaujhely."

                            Some of my neighboring villages are on-line?

                            Ohhhh learned ones...please reply!

                            Dennis

                            > Example...Bisztra (Bystr'e)
                            > It is on two rolls in both Zemplin and Saros....
                            >
                            > If any body comes across Remenye/Remeniny please let me know.
                            >
                            > Thanks,
                            > Dennis
                            >
                            > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "patskanovo" <ddhalusker@> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1961-28476-21056-44?cc=1986782&wc=MMRC-HJX:4506859#uri=https%3A%2F%2Fapi.familysearch.org%2Frecords%2Fcollection%2F1986782%2Fwaypoints
                            > >
                            > > Looks a little mixed up as uasual....but they are there!

                          • Michael Mojher
                            Message 13 of 26 , Jun 27, 2012
                              Remeniny
                              Remeniny VT/PV šariš.
                              1773 Remenye, Remenine, 1786 Remenye, Remenyine, 1808 Remenye, Remeniny, 1863–1913 Remenye, 1920– Remeniny

                              So the above lets you know that Remeniny is in Slovakia today, orkes Varnov nad Topl’ou and kraj Presovsky.
                              Satoraljaujhely had no listing. An obvious Hungarian word. But not one found in the Slovak 1995 Census.

                              The nearest large town to Remeniny -
                              Hanušovce nad Topľou VT/PV šariš.
                              1773 Hanusfalva, Hanussowcze, 1786 Hanuschfalwa, Hanussowcze, 1808 Hanusfalva, Hanussowce, 1863–1902 Hanusfalu, 1907–1913 Tapolyhanusfalva, 1920 Hanušovce, 1927– Hanušovce nad Topľou

                              Message 14 of 26 , Jun 28, 2012
                                If you mean GC church records, that's possible. Mick Sura has researched Dubravka GC church records in Satoraljaujhely on my behalf.

                                The 1869 Hungarian Census for Zemplen Megye is (mostly) missing online at the moment. That too will happen one day soon, I hope.

                                Message 15 of 26 , Jun 28, 2012
                                  Thank you Michael....I shall continue searching hoping that it is just indexed incorrectly...

                                  Dennis

                                  > Remeniny
                                  > Remeniny VT/PV šariš.
                                  > 1773 Remenye, Remenine, 1786 Remenye, Remenyine, 1808 Remenye, Remeniny, 1863â€"1913 Remenye, 1920â€" Remeniny
                                  >
                                  > So the above lets you know that Remeniny is in Slovakia today, orkes Varnov nad Topl’ou and kraj Presovsky.
                                  > Satoraljaujhely had no listing. An obvious Hungarian word. But not one found in the Slovak 1995 Census.
                                  >
                                  > The nearest large town to Remeniny -
                                  > Hanušovce nad Topľou VT/PV šariš.
                                  > 1773 Hanusfalva, Hanussowcze, 1786 Hanuschfalwa, Hanussowcze, 1808 Hanusfalva, Hanussowce, 1863â€"1902 Hanusfalu, 1907â€"1913 Tapolyhanusfalva, 1920 HanuÅ¡ovce, 1927â€" HanuÅ¡ovce nad Topľou

                                • rharrill001
                                  Message 16 of 26 , Jul 5, 2012
                                    I've been looking through the census records for the town Sabinov (fka Kisszeben and Cibinium). I see the town Orkucany, which is joined to Sabinov, but nothing related to Sabinov itself. Does any one know if Sabinov would be listed under some other name that I'm not aware of?

                                    Message 17 of 26 , Jul 5, 2012
                                      1863–1913 Kisszeben , Sabinov was known by this name in 1869.

                                      I've been looking through the census records for the town Sabinov (fka Kisszeben and Cibinium). I see the town Orkucany, which is joined to Sabinov, but nothing related to Sabinov itself. Does any one know if Sabinov would be listed under some other name that I'm not aware of?

                                      --- In mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com, "patskanovo" <ddhalusker@...> wrote:

                                      > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1961-28476-21056-44?cc=1986782&wc=MMRC-HJX:4506859#uri=https%3A%2F%2Fapi.familysearch.org%2Frecords%2Fcollection%2F1986782%2Fwaypoints
                                      >
                                      > Looks a little mixed up as uasual....but they are there!

                                    • Sandra & John Panzitta
                                      Message 18 of 26 , Jul 5, 2012
                                        Speaking of the 1869 Census, I am looking for Nemcovce, but the nearest I can find is Kapusany. Any possibility Nemcovce had a different name?

                                      • William C. Wormuth
                                        Message 19 of 26 , Jul 5, 2012
                                          Sandra and John,
                                          Try this:  http://www.cisarik.com/0_all-villages-N.html

                                          ________________________________
                                          Message 20 of 26 , Jul 5, 2012
                                            Nemcovce BJ/PV šariš.
                                            1773 Tapli-Németfalva, Tapli-Nemetfalva, Nemcžowcze, 1786 Tapli-Németfalu, Nemcowce, 1808 Tapli-Németfalva, Němcowce, 1863–1902 Taplinémetfalu, 1907–1913 Tapolynémetfalu, 1920 Nemčovce, Nemcovce, 1927– Nemcovce

                                            Nemcovce PO/PV šariš. 1990 vyčl. o. Lipníky.
                                            1773 Kapi-Németfalva, Nemcžowcze, 1786 Kapi-Némethfalu, Nemcowcze, 1808 Kapi-Németfalva, Němcowce, 1863–1913 Kapinémetfalu, 1920– Nemcovce

                                            There were two Nemcovce in the Hungarian County of Saris in 1869. The in 1869 the top one was Taplinemetfalu and the bottom one Kapinemetfalu.

                                            Message 21 of 26 , Jul 5, 2012
                                              Yes, I am looking for Kapinemetfalu - it appears it was not included in the census or it has been lost to time.

                                              Message 22 of 26 , Jul 5, 2012
                                                You may have a problem of mixed up records. As you can see below they give the Okres Bardejov Nemcovce as being Kapi-Memetfalu. Whereas the Slovak Census lists the Okres Presov as being Kapi-Memetfalu. If you are lucky the online Nemcovce maybe the Okres Presov rather than the Okres Bardejov. So in the 1860 Census view Tapli-Nemetfalu (Nemcovce).

                                                Slovakia, Bardejov, Nemcovce - Church records
                                                Czechoslovakia, Slovensko, Giraltovce, Nemcovce - Church records
                                                Hungary, Sáros, Kapi-Németfalu - Church records

                                                Evangelical Church parish registers of births, marriages and deaths for Nemcovce, Slovakia, formerly Kapi-Németfalu, Sáros, Hungary. Text in Latin and Hungarian.

                                                Message 23 of 26 , Jul 5, 2012
                                                  >>> Yes, I am looking for Kapinemetfalu - it appears it was not included in the census or it has been lost to time.<<<

                                                  They often put a lot of digital; images together. Nemcovce is on film#2189411 Item 6

                                                  A TRICK:
                                                  Go to Keczer-Pálvágás (Kecerovské Pavlovce) (item 3 on same film) and then move forward a few hundred images. I did not look to see if it works.
                                                • Sandra & John Panzitta
                                                  Message 24 of 26 , Jul 5, 2012
                                                    I chose Saros - then the records were listed by municipality - no Nemcovce.

                                                    Message 25 of 26 , Jul 5, 2012
                                                      I don't think that is the Nemcovce I am looking for. There are two Nemcovce (see below) - Tapli-Nemetfalu and Kapi-Nemetfalu. I am looking for the other one. But thanks for poking around for me.

                                                      Message 26 of 26 , Jul 5, 2012
                                                        Right ... there is nothing under that name in the 1869 Census.