RE: Sebak- Zebak

  • vera holman
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 23, 2012
      My father , Jan BeleyIII was born , 4 Aug. 1896, in Loyalhanna, Pa. son
      of Jan and Maria Timko Pavlisin Beley(j)II. Parents born in or near Dlhe
      Klcova/Kolcs-Hosszumezo--- Hungary/Slovakia.
      Parents emmigrated to US 1890

      Jan Beley(j) II was killed (1901) in the Loyalhanna, Derry Mines in PA.
      Mother, Maria Timko Pavlisin Beley, took Jan Beley III ( about 6 years
      old) back to familiar territory and family, and people..Domicle- Kolcova
      Dluha.,
      Czech-Slovak- Hung?

      While a teen was forced to work as a soldier for the foreign governments,
      even after protesting and showing his American citizen papers (birth
      certificate: issused by the Arich-Abbatia Scanti Vincentu, Beatty,
      Westmoreland Co., PA ) on two occasions, it made no difference to the
      foreign governments! .
      Was captured for a year, then released to the Czechoslovakian Govt.!

      On the appliction for visa, (1920) to return to the US, mentioned that
      he has maintained the following ties of family, business, and property
      with the United States. Was returning to an Uncle Michael Pavlisin on Hazel
      St, Mckeesport,PA, and another Uncle Michael Zebak(Sebak) , 536 Indiana
      Ave. Glassport, PA.

      My problem is that I have not been able to verify the relationship of the
      uncle, Michael Zebak to Jan BeleyIII.

      Have found the family :
      Michael Zebak
      Anna Zebak
      (4 daughters),
      Mrs, Andrew Verbosky
      Mrs. Alex Miklos
      Mrs. Peter Jablonsky
      Mrs. Veronica White

      But, , no mention of being related to Jan Beley III!

      Hoping some of the great , history scholars. on this site, who have added
      so much information of family history, town locations, translations, etc,
      will be able to give me a few clues, or tips, or some hints on to the
      correct research path that I can come to the answer I have been wanting to
      find!!!!!!!

      Thank you so much for your kind, unselfish , free, assistance to this
      request of mine.

      Vera Bailley (Beley) Holman

    • John
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 23, 2012
        Maybe the uncles weren't really uncles. Just close family friends, godparents, etc. When I was a kid, every Slovak was an uncle!