RUGLOSKI - ELKANICH - BOGTA - FERESAK

  • jonboy.92471
    Message 1 of 20 , Jun 21, 2012
      My name is Jon and I'm in the process of trying to find my ancestors. For some reason my ggrandfather didn't want to share his past with the family. I know that by obtaining my great uncles Naturalization papers that his parents are from Lozin, Austro-Hungary (Slovakia?) I'm looking for information on Michael Rugloski b-1877, Mary "Elkanich" Rugloski b-1877 and John Albert Rugloski B- 1905 Lozin, Austro-Hungary. The other 2 last names in the subject are Bogta - Michaels mothers maiden name and Feresak - Mary's Elkanich's mothers maiden name.
      Thanks, Jon
    • John
      Message 2 of 20 , Jun 22, 2012
        >>> Lozin, Austro-Hungary (Slovakia?)<<<

        That's my area of research. You MUST specify the RELIGION but the birth records have now been indexed and put online. Marriage and death records are not yet indexed BUT ARE AVAILABLE ONLINE. The 1869 Hungarian Census is available at your nearest LDS Family History Center (FHC)on film only.

        Start with https://www.familysearch.org/search/ and see if you can spot them. Click through to the church birth records.

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "jonboy.92471" <jon.boy.71@...> wrote:

        > My name is Jon and I'm in the process of trying to find my ancestors. For some reason my ggrandfather didn't want to share his past with the family. I know that by obtaining my great uncles Naturalization papers that his parents are from Lozin, Austro-Hungary (Slovakia?) I'm looking for information on Michael Rugloski b-1877, Mary "Elkanich" Rugloski b-1877 and John Albert Rugloski B- 1905 Lozin, Austro-Hungary. The other 2 last names in the subject are Bogta - Michaels mothers maiden name and Feresak - Mary's Elkanich's mothers maiden name.
        > Thanks, Jon

      • William C. Wormuth
        Message 3 of 20 , Jun 22, 2012
          I believe your names have been changed.  I believe the Town of birth is Loz~in [Loh-zheen] , Old Hungarian name Lozany [Loh-zany]  The records can be in a village nearby called Trhovis~te Trrhohveesh-teh] and the Baptismal name: Maria Maria Ilykanic~, (in Hungarian), Slovak, IL'KANIC~ [Eely-kahn-eech] .

          It is hard to teach how to pronounce some letters in words.  d' = d with tounge on the roof of our mouth. same with t' and n~.  The letter "o", with an upside down "v"

          is pronounced [woh].

          I use the "~", to note the small "v"  over a letter.

          "https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-267-12378-138169-32?cc=1554443&wc=MM5Z-WQ6:452395085

          http://www.lozin.ocu.sk/sk/

          I will keep trying.

          God Bless,

          Vilo.

          ________________________________
          That's my area of research. You MUST specify the RELIGION but the birth records have now been indexed and put online. Marriage and death records are not yet indexed BUT ARE AVAILABLE ONLINE. The 1869 Hungarian Census is available at your nearest LDS Family History Center (FHC)on film only.

          Start with https://www.familysearch.org/search/ and see if you can spot them. Click through to the church birth records.

          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "jonboy.92471" <jon.boy.71@...> wrote:

          > My name is Jon and I'm in the process of trying to find my ancestors. For some reason my ggrandfather didn't want to share his past with the family. I know that by obtaining my great uncles Naturalization papers that his parents are from Lozin, Austro-Hungary (Slovakia?) I'm looking for information on Michael Rugloski b-1877, Mary "Elkanich" Rugloski b-1877 and John Albert Rugloski B- 1905 Lozin, Austro-Hungary. The other 2 last names in the subject are Bogta - Michaels mothers maiden name and Feresak - Mary's Elkanich's mothers maiden name.
          > Thanks, Jon

        • John
          Message 4 of 20 , Jun 22, 2012
            >>> I know that by obtaining my great uncles Naturalization papers that his parents are from Lozin, Austro-Hungary (Slovakia?) I'm looking for information on Michael Rugloski b-1877, Mary "Elkanich" Rugloski b-1877 and John Albert Rugloski B- 1905 Lozin, Austro-Hungary. The other 2 last names in the subject are Bogta - Michaels mothers maiden name and Feresak - Mary's Elkanich's mothers maiden name.<<<

            Having some time on my hands, I went searching the GC records for Lozin in reverese from page 585. I have found a definitive reference to your surnames in the church records. They have been spelled differently in different places. However, you can start with what we have.

            RUDLYOSKI page 558/585 item 13
            ELYKANICS page 557/585 item 2
            RUDLYOVSZKI and ILYKANICS page 539/585 item 14

            https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11593-85747-77?cc=1554443&wc=MM5Z-9HW:n1348712956

            Slovakia, Church and Synagogue Books, 1592-1910Greek Catholic (Grécko-katolícká cirkev)MichalovceFalkušovceBaptisms (Krsty) 1786-183...Deaths (Úmrtia) 1886-1915 Image 539 of 585

            Its a start. Happy squinting.
          • John
            Message 5 of 20 , Jun 22, 2012
              >>> I'm looking for information on Michael Rugloski b-1877, Mary "Elkanich" Rugloski b-1877 and John Albert Rugloski B- 1905 Lozin, Austro-Hungary. <<<

              Were they headed for Braddock, PA? If so, here are some relevant listings on Ellis Island. Do not trust the transcriptions. Use the manifest image.

              Age DOB Arrived
               Rudlyorszky, Zsuzsa  Nagjesch, Hungary  53  1857  1910
               Rudlyovscki, Janos  V. Cpebls  16  1889  1905
               Rudlyovszki, Janos  Vagyeseb, Hungary  3  1909  1912
               Rudlyovszki, Maria  Vagyeseb, Hungary  28  1884  1912
               Rudlyovszki, Zsuzsa  Nagycseb, Hungary  6  1906  1912

              Nagy Cseb is the old name for Zbince, Slovakia and it is located 3 km east of Lozin.
            • William C. Wormuth
              Message 6 of 20 , Jun 22, 2012
                John,

                All it takes is a good Spelling! :o):o) :o)

                Let me know if you need more help.

                http://telefonny.zoznam.sk/Rudlovsky/slovensko/

                Hatalov is a town next to Loz~in.

                http://www.hatalov.ocu.sk/sk/index.php?ids=13

                S Panem Bohom,

                Vilo

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 20 , Jun 22, 2012
                  John,

                  Copied the original manifest and emailed to you I believe the manifest is correct.

                  Z Bohom,

                  Vilo

                  ________________________________
                  >>> I'm looking for information on Michael Rugloski b-1877, Mary "Elkanich" Rugloski b-1877 and John Albert Rugloski B- 1905 Lozin, Austro-Hungary. <<<

                  Were they headed for Braddock, PA? If so, here are some relevant listings on Ellis Island. Do not trust the transcriptions. Use the manifest image.

                  Age DOB Arrived
                   Rudlyorszky, Zsuzsa  Nagjesch, Hungary  53  1857  1910
                   Rudlyovscki, Janos  V. Cpebls  16  1889  1905
                   Rudlyovszki, Janos  Vagyeseb, Hungary  3  1909  1912
                   Rudlyovszki, Maria  Vagyeseb, Hungary  28  1884  1912
                   Rudlyovszki, Zsuzsa  Nagycseb, Hungary  6  1906  1912

                  Nagy Cseb is the old name for Zbince, Slovakia and it is located 3 km east of Lozin.

                • Jon Olson
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jun 22, 2012
                    Wow, I wish I would have found this group earlier.. You're amazing!! The family rumor was that the family name was changed and that it started with a W, Well you've put that to rest. I belong to Ancestory.com and I guess that haven't partnered with LDS, otherwise this would have pulled up... Thank you very much for pointing me the right direction...

                    Jon

                    To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
                    From: johnqadam@...
                    Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 18:34:48 +0000

                    >>> I know that by obtaining my great uncles Naturalization papers that his parents are from Lozin, Austro-Hungary (Slovakia?) I'm looking for information on Michael Rugloski b-1877, Mary "Elkanich" Rugloski b-1877 and John Albert Rugloski B- 1905 Lozin, Austro-Hungary. The other 2 last names in the subject are Bogta - Michaels mothers maiden name and Feresak - Mary's Elkanich's mothers maiden name.<<<

                    Having some time on my hands, I went searching the GC records for Lozin in reverese from page 585. I have found a definitive reference to your surnames in the church records. They have been spelled differently in different places. However, you can start with what we have.

                    RUDLYOSKI page 558/585 item 13
                    ELYKANICS page 557/585 item 2
                    RUDLYOVSZKI and ILYKANICS page 539/585 item 14

                    https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11593-85747-77?cc=1554443&wc=MM5Z-9HW:n1348712956

                    Slovakia, Church and Synagogue Books, 1592-1910Greek Catholic (Gr�cko-katol�ck� cirkev)MichalovceFalku�ovceBaptisms (Krsty) 1786-183...Deaths (�mrtia) 1886-1915 Image 539 of 585

                    Its a start. Happy squinting.

                  • John
                    Message 9 of 20 , Jun 22, 2012
                      In modern Slovak, for Ilykanic, the y would be dropped, the l and c accented and the spelling Ilkanic.

                      In the 1995 Slovak Census, here's are the occurences of the name:
                      Priezvisko ILKANIČ sa na Slovensku v roku 1995 nachádzalo 18×, celkový počet lokalít: 7, v lokalitách:
                      MICHALOVCE, okr. MICHALOVCE – 6×;
                      JASTRABIE PRI MICHALOVCIA, okr. MICHALOVCE – 3×;
                      LIPTOVSKÝ MICHAL, okr. LIPTOVSKÝ MIKULÁŠ (od r. 1996 RUŽOMBEROK) – 3×;
                      PRIEVIDZA III-NECPALY (obec PRIEVIDZA), okr. PRIEVIDZA – 3×;
                      PARTIZÁNSKA ĽUPČA, okr. LIPTOVSKÝ MIKULÁŠ – 1×;
                      PRIEVIDZA II-PÍLY (obec PRIEVIDZA), okr. PRIEVIDZA – 1×;
                      TIBAVA, okr. MICHALOVCE (od r. 1996 SOBRANCE) – 1×;

                      For your purposes, Michalovce and Jastrabie are (perhaps) relevant. The other places are too far away.

                      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Jon Olson <jon.boy.71@...> wrote:

                      > Wow, I wish I would have found this group earlier.. You're amazing!! The family rumor was that the family name was changed and that it started with a W, Well you've put that to rest. I belong to Ancestory.com and I guess that haven't partnered with LDS, otherwise this would have pulled up... Thank you very much for pointing me the right direction...
                      >
                      > Jon
                      >

                      > To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
                      > From: johnqadam@...
                      > Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 18:34:48 +0000
                      > Subject: [S-R] Re: RUGLOSKI - ELKANICH - BOGTA - FERESAK

                      > Having some time on my hands, I went searching the GC records for Lozin in reverese from page 585. I have found a definitive reference to your surnames in the church records. They have been spelled differently in different places. However, you can start with what we have.
                      >
                      > RUDLYOSKI page 558/585 item 13
                      > ELYKANICS page 557/585 item 2
                      > RUDLYOVSZKI and ILYKANICS page 539/585 item 14
                      >
                      > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11593-85747-77?cc=1554443&wc=MM5Z-9HW:n1348712956
                      >
                      > Slovakia, Church and Synagogue Books, 1592-1910Greek Catholic (Grécko-katolícká cirkev)MichalovceFalkušovceBaptisms (Krsty) 1786-183...Deaths (Úmrtia) 1886-1915 Image 539 of 585
                      >
                      > Its a start. Happy squinting.

                    • Jon Olson
                      Message 10 of 20 , Jun 22, 2012
                        From what I can gather, I'm assuming that the Rugloski's came to the U.S prior to 1901. My Great Grandfather Michael was born in Steelton, PA, which is close to Harrisburg, PA and Braddock, PA is closer to Pittsburgh, PA. After my great Grandfather was born, the family went back to Slovakia when his brother John was born. Then from Fed Census records it show their father coming back to the U.S in 1906 and then their mother and children in 1907.

                        It's possible that the people on the list below are related somehow...

                        Thanks for the help...
                        Jon

                        To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com

                        Message 11 of 20 , Jun 22, 2012
                          John, you're right about the squinting.... I wish I could read the name on item 14 page 539/585. I did the translate google and if I'm looking at this record correctly, this is a death record, which would verify the 1910 U.S Fed Census asking how many children born and how many alive for Maria...

                          Thanks, John

                          To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
                          From: johnqadam@...
                          Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 18:34:48 +0000

                          Message 12 of 20 , Jun 22, 2012
                            The birth record for Mihaly RUDLYOVSZKI, 26 Jan 1876, is found on the previously referenced film page 176/585. Home was Beretto, now Bracovce, one village south of Lozin.

                            https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11593-84780-56?cc=1554443&wc=MM5Z-9HW:n1348712956

                            If you order the 1869 Hungarian Census film for Bracovce, you will likely be able to get some really useful family history information:

                            Berető (Bracovce) -- Berzék -- Bély (Biel̓) Film #722674

                            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Jon Olson <jon.boy.71@...> wrote:

                            > From what I can gather, I'm assuming that the Rugloski's came to the U.S prior to 1901. My Great Grandfather Michael was born in Steelton, PA, which is close to Harrisburg, PA and Braddock, PA is closer to Pittsburgh, PA. After my great Grandfather was born, the family went back to Slovakia when his brother John was born. Then from Fed Census records it show their father coming back to the U.S in 1906 and then their mother and children in 1907.
                            >
                            > It's possible that the people on the list below are related somehow...
                            >
                            > Thanks for the help...
                            > Jon
                          • John
                            Message 13 of 20 , Jun 22, 2012
                              Yes, it's a death record. Which name are you having trouble with. The mother? I make it to be Maria ILYKANICZ. I note that she is RC and their marriage will be found in HER parish records.

                              --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Jon Olson <jon.boy.71@...> wrote:

                              > John, you're right about the squinting.... I wish I could read the name on item 14 page 539/585. I did the translate google and if I'm looking at this record correctly, this is a death record, which would verify the 1910 U.S Fed Census asking how many children born and how many alive for Maria...
                              >
                              > Thanks, John
                              >

                              > To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
                              > From: johnqadam@...
                              > Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 18:34:48 +0000
                              > Subject: [S-R] Re: RUGLOSKI - ELKANICH - BOGTA - FERESAK

                              > Having some time on my hands, I went searching the GC records for Lozin in reverese from page 585. I have found a definitive reference to your surnames in the church records. They have been spelled differently in different places. However, you can start with what we have.
                              >
                              > RUDLYOSKI page 558/585 item 13
                              > ELYKANICS page 557/585 item 2
                              > RUDLYOVSZKI and ILYKANICS page 539/585 item 14
                              >
                              > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11593-85747-77?cc=1554443&wc=MM5Z-9HW:n1348712956
                              >
                              > Slovakia, Church and Synagogue Books, 1592-1910Greek Catholic (Grécko-katolícká cirkev)MichalovceFalkušovceBaptisms (Krsty) 1786-183...Deaths (Úmrtia) 1886-1915 Image 539 of 585
                              >
                              > Its a start. Happy squinting.

                            • Jon Olson
                              Message 14 of 20 , Jun 22, 2012
                                the Childs name on the first line - you mentioned she is RC? what's that? Is the date 4 July, 1900?

                                To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
                                From: johnqadam@...
                                Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 01:07:29 +0000

                                Yes, it's a death record. Which name are you having trouble with. The mother? I make it to be Maria ILYKANICZ. I note that she is RC and their marriage will be found in HER parish records.

                                --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Jon Olson <jon.boy.71@...> wrote:

                                > John, you're right about the squinting.... I wish I could read the name on item 14 page 539/585. I did the translate google and if I'm looking at this record correctly, this is a death record, which would verify the 1910 U.S Fed Census asking how many children born and how many alive for Maria...
                                >
                                > Thanks, John
                                >

                                > To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
                                > From: johnqadam@...
                                > Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 18:34:48 +0000
                                > Subject: [S-R] Re: RUGLOSKI - ELKANICH - BOGTA - FERESAK

                                > Having some time on my hands, I went searching the GC records for Lozin in reverese from page 585. I have found a definitive reference to your surnames in the church records. They have been spelled differently in different places. However, you can start with what we have.
                                >
                                > RUDLYOSKI page 558/585 item 13
                                > ELYKANICS page 557/585 item 2
                                > RUDLYOVSZKI and ILYKANICS page 539/585 item 14
                                >
                                > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11593-85747-77?cc=1554443&wc=MM5Z-9HW:n1348712956
                                >
                                > Slovakia, Church and Synagogue Books, 1592-1910Greek Catholic (Gr�cko-katol�ck� cirkev)MichalovceFalku�ovceBaptisms (Krsty) 1786-183...Deaths (�mrtia) 1886-1915 Image 539 of 585
                                >
                                > Its a start. Happy squinting.

                              • William C. Wormuth
                                Message 15 of 20 , Jun 22, 2012
                                  Yes, it's a death record. Which name are you having trouble with. The mother? I make it to be Maria ILYKANICZ. I note that she is RC and their marriage will be found in HER parish records.

                                  --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Jon Olson <jon.boy.71@...> wrote:

                                  > John, you're right about the squinting.... I wish I could read the name on item 14 page 539/585. I did the translate google and if I'm looking at this record correctly, this is a death record, which would verify the 1910 U.S Fed Census asking how many children born and how many alive for Maria...
                                  >
                                  > Thanks, John
                                  >

                                  > To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
                                  > From: johnqadam@...
                                  > Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 18:34:48 +0000
                                  > Subject: [S-R] Re: RUGLOSKI - ELKANICH - BOGTA - FERESAK

                                  > Having some time on my hands, I went searching the GC records for Lozin in reverese from page 585. I have found a definitive reference to your surnames in the church records. They have been spelled differently in different places. However, you can start with what we have.
                                  >
                                  > RUDLYOSKI page 558/585 item 13
                                  > ELYKANICS page 557/585 item 2
                                  > RUDLYOVSZKI and ILYKANICS page 539/585 item 14
                                  >
                                  > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11593-85747-77?cc=1554443&wc=MM5Z-9HW:n1348712956
                                  >
                                  > Slovakia, Church and Synagogue Books, 1592-1910Greek Catholic (Grécko-katolícká cirkev)MichalovceFalkušovceBaptisms (Krsty) 1786-183...Deaths (Úmrtia) 1886-1915 Image 539 of 585
                                  >
                                  > Its a start. Happy squinting.

                                • John
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Jun 22, 2012
                                    >>> the Childs name on the first line<<<
                                    Mihaly = Michael

                                    >>> you mentioned she is RC? what's that? <<<
                                    The mother is Roman Catholic. The father is Greek Catholic.

                                    >>> Is the date 4 July, 1900?<<<
                                    Yes.
                                  • Julie Mark
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Jun 22, 2012
                                      RC = Roman Catholic.

                                      Sent from my Samsung smartphone on AT&T

                                      Jon Olson <jon.boy.71@...> wrote:

                                      >the Childs name on the first line - you mentioned she is RC? what's that? Is the date 4 July, 1900?
                                      >

                                      >To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
                                      >From: johnqadam@...
                                      >Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 01:07:29 +0000
                                      >Subject: [S-R] Re: RUGLOSKI - ELKANICH - BOGTA - FERESAK
                                      >

                                      >Yes, it's a death record. Which name are you having trouble with. The mother? I make it to be Maria ILYKANICZ. I note that she is RC and their marriage will be found in HER parish records.
                                      >
                                      >--- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Jon Olson <jon.boy.71@...> wrote:
                                      >>

                                      >> John, you're right about the squinting.... I wish I could read the name on item 14 page 539/585. I did the translate google and if I'm looking at this record correctly, this is a death record, which would verify the 1910 U.S Fed Census asking how many children born and how many alive for Maria...
                                      >>
                                      >> Thanks, John
                                      >>

                                      >> To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
                                      >> From: johnqadam@...
                                      >> Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 18:34:48 +0000
                                      >> Subject: [S-R] Re: RUGLOSKI - ELKANICH - BOGTA - FERESAK

                                      >> Having some time on my hands, I went searching the GC records for Lozin in reverese from page 585. I have found a definitive reference to your surnames in the church records. They have been spelled differently in different places. However, you can start with what we have.
                                      >>
                                      >> RUDLYOSKI page 558/585 item 13
                                      >> ELYKANICS page 557/585 item 2
                                      >> RUDLYOVSZKI and ILYKANICS page 539/585 item 14
                                      >>
                                      >> https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11593-85747-77?cc=1554443&wc=MM5Z-9HW:n1348712956
                                      >>
                                      >> Slovakia, Church and Synagogue Books, 1592-1910Greek Catholic (Gr�ko-katol�k� cirkev)MichalovceFalku쉙vceBaptisms (Krsty) 1786-183...Deaths (�rtia) 1886-1915 Image 539 of 585
                                      >>
                                      >> Its a start. Happy squinting.

                                    • John
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Jun 23, 2012
                                        Knowing that the mother is RC and apparently from Beretto (old name), Zemplen Megye = county, we find the RC parish to be Trhoviste (new name) using: http://www.radixhub.com/radixhub/gazetteers/1877/

                                        LDS has the RC church records online in a 519 page file. See other post for how to navigate a very large file.

                                        Maria ILYKANICS was born 10 Oct 1877. RC. Lozin #47.
                                        Father Andras ILYKANICS
                                        Mother Maria FERCSAK
                                        https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-267-12378-138169-32?cc=1554443&wc=MM5Z-WQ6:452395085

                                        Research of the 1869 Hungarian Census for Lozin will give you more family history:
                                        Lázon (Ložín) -- Lácza (Lácacséke) -- Láczafalva (Lackovce) Film #722731

                                        Another step on a long journey . . .

                                        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Jon Olson <jon.boy.71@...> wrote:

                                        > the Childs name on the first line - you mentioned she is RC? what's that? Is the date 4 July, 1900?
                                        >

                                        > To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
                                        > From: johnqadam@...
                                        > Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 01:07:29 +0000
                                        > Subject: [S-R] Re: RUGLOSKI - ELKANICH - BOGTA - FERESAK
                                        >

                                        > Yes, it's a death record. Which name are you having trouble with. The mother? I make it to be Maria ILYKANICZ. I note that she is RC and their marriage will be found in HER parish records.
                                        >
                                        > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Jon Olson <jon.boy.71@> wrote:
                                        > >

                                        > > John, you're right about the squinting.... I wish I could read the name on item 14 page 539/585. I did the translate google and if I'm looking at this record correctly, this is a death record, which would verify the 1910 U.S Fed Census asking how many children born and how many alive for Maria...
                                        > >
                                        > > Thanks, John
                                        > >

                                        > > To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
                                        > > From: johnqadam@
                                        > > Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 18:34:48 +0000
                                        > > Subject: [S-R] Re: RUGLOSKI - ELKANICH - BOGTA - FERESAK

                                        > > Having some time on my hands, I went searching the GC records for Lozin in reverese from page 585. I have found a definitive reference to your surnames in the church records. They have been spelled differently in different places. However, you can start with what we have.
                                        > >
                                        > > RUDLYOSKI page 558/585 item 13
                                        > > ELYKANICS page 557/585 item 2
                                        > > RUDLYOVSZKI and ILYKANICS page 539/585 item 14
                                        > >
                                        > > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11593-85747-77?cc=1554443&wc=MM5Z-9HW:n1348712956
                                        > >
                                        > > Slovakia, Church and Synagogue Books, 1592-1910Greek Catholic (Grécko-katolícká cirkev)MichalovceFalkušovceBaptisms (Krsty) 1786-183...Deaths (Úmrtia) 1886-1915 Image 539 of 585
                                        > >
                                        > > Its a start. Happy squinting.

                                      • martha.andras
                                        Message 19 of 20 , Jun 24, 2012
                                          Hello Jon,

                                          My husband's grandfather was also born in Lozin in 1881 - Mihaly (Michael) ANDRASOV. I found that information on his marriage certificate (Greek Catholic)here in Hazleton, PA. I believe I found his half-brother,father and his father's first wife on the 1869 Hungarian census living in Pazdics (Pozdisovce), a town only 4 miles from Lozin. The name is spelled a bit different(Andreov) but everything else matches up. Mihaly's father (also named Mihaly) was born in Suche, a town only 2 miles from Pazdics. I also have the church records (Greek Catholic)of the marriage & birth of all the children of the first Mihaly to his first wife in 1866 in Laskovce (the name for the town of Lozin at that time). Very interesting how I got that. A relative that I found through ancestry.com found this church record amongst his mother's things with a letter written to the priest in Lozin by another distant relative back in 1939! What a treasure!

                                          I have viewed the 1869 Hungarian census the Lozin at the local library twice now and its not bad to read at all. You can obtain it from a local Family History Center or your local public library for a small fee. The number of the film has already been posted.

                                          I also want to let you know that I have a history of the town of Lozin both in English and Slovak. If you would like a copy of it please contact me at my regular email (mandras@...)and we can make arrangements for me to mail it to you.

                                          Hopefully, my story will encourage others to keep looking. You never know where or when you will find something. I haven't asked for awhile but if anyone comes across ANDRASOV or ANDRAS please let me know!

                                          Thanks!

                                          Martha

                                          > Knowing that the mother is RC and apparently from Beretto (old name), Zemplen Megye = county, we find the RC parish to be Trhoviste (new name) using: http://www.radixhub.com/radixhub/gazetteers/1877/
                                          >
                                          > LDS has the RC church records online in a 519 page file. See other post for how to navigate a very large file.
                                          >
                                          > Maria ILYKANICS was born 10 Oct 1877. RC. Lozin #47.
                                          > Father Andras ILYKANICS
                                          > Mother Maria FERCSAK
                                          > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-267-12378-138169-32?cc=1554443&wc=MM5Z-WQ6:452395085
                                          >
                                          > Research of the 1869 Hungarian Census for Lozin will give you more family history:
                                          > Lázon (Ložín) -- Lácza (Lácacséke) -- Láczafalva (Lackovce) Film #722731
                                          >
                                          > Another step on a long journey . . .
                                          >
                                          > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Jon Olson <jon.boy.71@> wrote:
                                          > >

                                          > > the Childs name on the first line - you mentioned she is RC? what's that? Is the date 4 July, 1900?
                                          > >

                                          > > To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
                                          > > From: johnqadam@
                                          > > Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 01:07:29 +0000
                                          > > Subject: [S-R] Re: RUGLOSKI - ELKANICH - BOGTA - FERESAK
                                          > >

                                          > > Yes, it's a death record. Which name are you having trouble with. The mother? I make it to be Maria ILYKANICZ. I note that she is RC and their marriage will be found in HER parish records.
                                          > >
                                          > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Jon Olson <jon.boy.71@> wrote:
                                          > > >

                                          > > > John, you're right about the squinting.... I wish I could read the name on item 14 page 539/585. I did the translate google and if I'm looking at this record correctly, this is a death record, which would verify the 1910 U.S Fed Census asking how many children born and how many alive for Maria...
                                          > > >
                                          > > > Thanks, John
                                          > > >

                                          > > > To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
                                          > > > From: johnqadam@
                                          > > > Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 18:34:48 +0000
                                          > > > Subject: [S-R] Re: RUGLOSKI - ELKANICH - BOGTA - FERESAK

                                          > > > Having some time on my hands, I went searching the GC records for Lozin in reverese from page 585. I have found a definitive reference to your surnames in the church records. They have been spelled differently in different places. However, you can start with what we have.
                                          > > >
                                          > > > RUDLYOSKI page 558/585 item 13
                                          > > > ELYKANICS page 557/585 item 2
                                          > > > RUDLYOVSZKI and ILYKANICS page 539/585 item 14
                                          > > >
                                          > > > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11593-85747-77?cc=1554443&wc=MM5Z-9HW:n1348712956
                                          > > >
                                          > > > Slovakia, Church and Synagogue Books, 1592-1910Greek Catholic (Grécko-katolícká cirkev)MichalovceFalkušovceBaptisms (Krsty) 1786-183...Deaths (Úmrtia) 1886-1915 Image 539 of 585
                                          > > >
                                          > > > Its a start. Happy squinting.

                                        • Jon Olson
                                          Message 20 of 20 , Jul 4 11:25 AM
                                            I need help translating the text from the Greek Catholic Baptisms/Deaths
                                            Michalovce - Falkusovce P.361 Line 36. I can make out what appears to be my gr
                                            gr gr grandfathers name Mihaly Rudlyovski and was wondering what the rest of the
                                            text says.

                                            https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11593-83320-8?cc=1554443&wc=MM5Z-9H\
                                            W:n1348712956

                                            Thanks, Jon