Re: [S-R] Slovakia Church books INDEXED online

  • lkocik@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 54 , Jun 20, 2012
      John

       What you wrote is exactly how it was explained to me by a Mormon Bishop....

       I should have went into more detail in my original post, but the subject was a small digression  by me from what I was posting about.

       The original post was about the online records and their vulnerablbilty.

       Since I touched on  up what you wrote about I'm very thankful you posted to clear it up.

        It's been a ridiculous rumour for so long and probably in the back of a lot of people's minds. Some of my older relatives, when they found out I was doing research throuh your church, actually warned me about the "stealing of souls".  So how do you respectfully tell a beloved relative they are being ridiculous [rhetorical]?

       Thanks again John for setting things straight.

      Larry

      Message 54 of 54 , Aug 3, 2013
        Hi Julie,
        My Bosak family was Roman Catholic (the other side of my family was Rusyn/Lemko - Greek Catholic from present day Poland). How would I go about sending for the birth records of my ancestors from Kapi?
        Also, my grandfather Andrew Tkac (born in abt. 1895) was from Dukovce/Dukafalva which was not far from Kapi/Kapusany.

        Thanks again,
        Corinne

        ________________________________
        From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>
        ] On
        Behalf Of Corinne C. Musto
        Sent: Monday, July 29, 2013 2:19 PM
        To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>

        Hi Julie, Thank you for offering to look. It is for Elizabeth/Erzebet
        Boszak/Bosak. She was born in Kapi between 1902 and 1906, possibly January.
        Her parents were Andrew Boszak and Maria Dansco Boszak.

        Thanks Again,
        Corinne

        From: Julie Mark <jkmark@... <mailto:jkmark%40pacbell.net>
        From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>