Re: One more try, with link!

  • CurtB
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 18, 2012
      Sarah,
      I can understand the suggestions that others have made, Hertavik, etc., but none seems to correspond to any known name anywhere in the world. I read it as Catherine Hertwik. You will notice the "w" following the 't' is not connected to it, which is what can cause confusion. This is an old German name carried over into the Austrian Empire with the German emmigrations. In Poland and the Czech republic it is spelled Hertwik, and in some other places as Hertvik.

      Curt B.