ROSSMEISL

  • sirmeisl@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 18, 2001
      Researching the Rossmeisl family from Bohemia. Does anyone have any
      knowledge about a Rossmeisl firm in Germany manufacturing violins or guitars.
      I believe a Wenzel Rossmeisl was a violin maker and his son Roger was a
      guitar designer? Any information would be appreciated. Shirley
      Rossmeisl

    • frankur@att.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 19, 2001
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., sirmeisl@a... wrote:
        > Researching the Rossmeisl family from Bohemia. Does anyone have
        any
        > knowledge about a Rossmeisl firm in Germany manufacturing violins or
        guitars.
        > I believe a Wenzel Rossmeisl was a violin maker and his son Roger
        was a
        > guitar designer? Any information would be appreciated. Shirley
        > Rossmeisl

        From where in Bohemia ?

        Don't know your surname.

        With 6-7 ? spelling alternatives for this surname
        research may be very difficult.

        German telephone White Pages list hundreds of surname bearers
        Rossmeisl.

        http://www.teldir.com/tdred/eng/128323

        Czech telephone directory lists 4 surname Rossmeisl under Prague
        (Praha)

        http://www.teldir.com/tdred/eng/128015

        Reference to musical instruments-guitars Rossmeisel
        (In Swedish, which I don't know)

        http://www.edu.alvdalen.se/alvdalen/hagstrom/fendermusicalinstruments.
        htm

        A Franz Rossmiesel age 24 blacksmith emigrate to NYC from Bohemia via
        Bremen, Germany 21 Nov 1881

        http://istg.rootsweb.com/v2/1800v2/mosel18811121_371_459.html

        A Rossmeisel born 1781-1800 in Berks Co PA

        http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~firing/r.html

        A Rossmeisel, Rusmisel, Rusmiselle, Rossmeissel, Rusmesil emigrated
        from Alsace-Lorraine to PA in 1773

        http://feefhs.org/de/als/alsrl-004.html