In the vein of discussion of ethnic origins of names.

  • Sarah Sundquist
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 4 6:04 AM
      One of the ancestors I am looking for is written on documents as "Francis" and even in one case as "Fanny". Family oral history has her name as Franceska. I am guessing it might have actually been "Franciska". She and her family spoke Slovak, does anyone think that would lead more strongly to one version of the name or another?

      -Sarah
    • lkocik@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 4 10:24 AM
        Sarah

         Could the "i" in Francis actually be an "e"....Frances is the feminine version of Francis.

        Larry