Re: Petrek - Dolyan, Gonda -Gorgo?

  • John
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 3, 2012
      >>> I would like to know where Dolyan and Gorgo <<<

      Refer to the 1910 Szepes Megye map and you will see the answers. http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/maps/1910/szepes.jpg
    • Michael Mojher
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 3, 2012
        Vilo,
        I have to respectively disagree that your hrhov.sk is the town that is being relevant to the search. Spišské Hrhov and Dolany are almost neighboring villages. Where as Hrhov is many miles to the south.

        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 3, 2012
          Michael,
          Thanks Michael, I didn't take offense I looked up Görgő in volume 3, Vlastivedny Slovnik Obci na Slovensku and it gave Hrhov as the Slovak Town name.  After looking up the name in the Slovak telefon direktory, I found the Gonda name in Sps!~sky Hrhov and changed my original emal.  Spis~sky Hrhov had the same Hungarian Görgő.???  The real error is that they don't list 2 towns This is the first "error",  I have found in these books.

          The name Gonda sounded like an Eastern Slovakia one , which gave me confidence.

          Z Bohom,

          Vilo

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 5, 2012
            To all that assisted, thank you.  I have a basis to look at the records now.  I am not sure how to say thank you in Slovak, but whatever it is "Thank you"  I wish my grandparents were alive, they could at least write and tell me how to phrase words.
            Sincerely, Jane

            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 5, 2012
              Dakujem is thank you. The trick is the “D” is said like the “th” in thick.