Re: [S-R] New Resources you have found

  • htcstech
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 2, 2012
      Database Online:
      http://193.224.149.8/adatbazisokol/
      Much easier front-end to use than MOL. Shuts down over Hungarian holidays.
      Includes detailed 1715 and 1720 tax records with manuscript, although this
      is not needed as everthing has been transcribed. Pre-Trianon Hungary. In In
      In Hungarian only.
      Also contains catalogs (no manuscripts) of holdings (letters, church
      records etc).

      On 3 June 2012 11:16, Bill Tarkulich <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > I am going to start to updated my web site (iabsi.com) with new or changed
      > resources. If you have found useful resources, please reply to this group.
      > I know there has been chatter on this group, but I have not been following
      > the discussion.
      >
      > If we don't have a central repository which is up to date, we all suffer.
      >
      > I am also going to update broken links.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Bill

    • spoppclark
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 3, 2012
        I've had great results on late 19th/early 20th c. immigrants using the digitized New York newspapers at Old Fulton Postcards (http://www.fultonhistory.com/). Since names were spelled/misspelled so many ways I search by location paired with ethnicity, church or fraternal organization.

        > I am going to start to updated my web site (iabsi.com) with new or changed
        > resources. If you have found useful resources, please reply to this group.
        > I know there has been chatter on this group, but I have not been following
        > the discussion.
        >
        > If we don't have a central repository which is up to date, we all suffer.
        >

        > I am also going to update broken links.
        >

        > Thanks,
        >

        > Bill

      • Michele Baker
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 3, 2012
          Vilo,

          Bill's website and contributions over many years has been invaluable to many of
          us in our research. Yes, he has a great site. He was also a list moderator -
          sorry Bill I have forgotten which list - before he turned it over to others.

          Michele

          _____

          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 3, 2012
            Bill,

            http://telefonny.zoznam.sk/%c2%a0%c2%a0%c2%a0

            This is valuable for finding names in Slovakia making comparisons for verification in finding villages.  I just used this in verifying a town, listed here as Hrhov and found the name was prevalent in Spis~sky Hrhov

            Z Bohom,

            Vilo