Re: [S-R] New Resources you have found

  • htcstech
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 2, 2012
      Database Online:
      http://193.224.149.8/adatbazisokol/
      Much easier front-end to use than MOL. Shuts down over Hungarian holidays.
      Includes detailed 1715 and 1720 tax records with manuscript, although this
      is not needed as everthing has been transcribed. Pre-Trianon Hungary. In In
      In Hungarian only.
      Also contains catalogs (no manuscripts) of holdings (letters, church
      records etc).

      On 3 June 2012 11:16, Bill Tarkulich <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > I am going to start to updated my web site (iabsi.com) with new or changed
      > resources. If you have found useful resources, please reply to this group.
      > I know there has been chatter on this group, but I have not been following
      > the discussion.
      >
      > If we don't have a central repository which is up to date, we all suffer.
      >
      > I am also going to update broken links.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Bill

    • Sharon Danko
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 2, 2012
        These aren’t the same pages that Family Search has posted are they? I entered my Slovak families village and several items popped up, what exactly will I be looking at?

        Thanks,

        Sharon

        Moravian Public Registers - Czech, German, English
        http://matriky.archives.cz/matriky_lite/MenuBar.action;jsessionid=03A003D8516984EC633C4382594D3C0C?activ=HLEDANI

        Useful if you are Moravian :)

        On 3 June 2012 11:16, Bill Tarkulich <bill.tarkulich@... <mailto:bill.tarkulich%40iabsi.com> > wrote:

        > **
        >

        > I am going to start to updated my web site (iabsi.com) with new or changed
        > resources. If you have found useful resources, please reply to this group.
        > I know there has been chatter on this group, but I have not been following
        > the discussion.
        >
        > If we don't have a central repository which is up to date, we all suffer.
        >
        > I am also going to update broken links.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Bill

      • spoppclark
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 3, 2012
          I've had great results on late 19th/early 20th c. immigrants using the digitized New York newspapers at Old Fulton Postcards (http://www.fultonhistory.com/). Since names were spelled/misspelled so many ways I search by location paired with ethnicity, church or fraternal organization.

          > I am going to start to updated my web site (iabsi.com) with new or changed
          > resources. If you have found useful resources, please reply to this group.
          > I know there has been chatter on this group, but I have not been following
          > the discussion.
          >
          > If we don't have a central repository which is up to date, we all suffer.
          >

          > I am also going to update broken links.
          >

          > Thanks,
          >

          > Bill

        • Michele Baker
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 3, 2012
            Vilo,

            Bill's website and contributions over many years has been invaluable to many of
            us in our research. Yes, he has a great site. He was also a list moderator -
            sorry Bill I have forgotten which list - before he turned it over to others.

            Michele

            _____

            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 3, 2012
              Bill,

              http://telefonny.zoznam.sk/%c2%a0%c2%a0%c2%a0

              This is valuable for finding names in Slovakia making comparisons for verification in finding villages.  I just used this in verifying a town, listed here as Hrhov and found the name was prevalent in Spis~sky Hrhov

              Z Bohom,

              Vilo