Re: [S-R] Intro message: Kritzo, Gallo, Chicago, Pittsburgh.

  • Caye Caswick
    Message 1 of 9 , May 31, 2012
      No, they are similar (and overlapping on census records) but FamilySearch includes marriage and death records -- especially for the Chicago area.  Not sure about Pennsylvania, but I can probably look more tomorrow and/or next week for you.

      They likely immigrated somewhere around the turn of the century -- so there wouldn't be much before what you are finding -- if he was born in 1869 he probably got married around 1899 or later forgot when his wife was born, but I seem to remember she was younger, so it was likely after the turn of the Century -- in which case the first census would then have been 1910.

      Let me know if you find anything else tomorrow and that should remind me to see what else I can come up with for you.

      Germany/Austria-Hungary (Empire) was dominant then, so don't be surprised by seeing German on the Census records.  When I was a kid and asked my grandmother where she was from she would usually reply, "That depends on which country took over that week."