Re: Lepi//Valochik/Baranchek

  • CurtB
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31 11:58 AM
      Carol,
      The place to check is the village records where they were from. These are the church registers of the village containing birth, baptism, marriage, and death records; often including parentage and other information.

      For example, your grandfather was from Kalosa. So if the family was Lutheran, those records are available online at the Family History Center site. If the family was Roman Catholic, those records are not yet online but are available on microfilm at your nearest Family History Center. These records are are with those of the village of Barca (Hungarian Baracza), so will be listed as Barca.

      Have you pursued any of this yet?

      Curt B.