Re: [S-R] need info

  • Judy (& Dr. Joe) Quashnock
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 17, 2001
      If you are looking at a present day name in Europe such Ing. John Smith, it
      is a "title" equivalent to professional engineer in the U.S. However, it is
      no longer reserved for just engineers now, so it is similar to a board
      certification in a profession.

      If the "ing" is an abbreviation in an old birth record, it stands for a
      farmer similar to a share cropper.

      Dr. "Q"

      (P.S. your shift key isn't working very well)

    • krejc@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 17, 2001
        thank you, marsha
        noreen
      • krejc@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 17, 2001
          Dr. "Q"
          thank you for the information on Ing.
          i am starting to correspond with someone in Slovakia and he has used Ing.
          before his name, so i believe that the professional engineer is appropriate
          in his case.

          oh, my keyboard is fine. it is the writer who is too lazy to capitalize when
          she should.
          thanks again.
          noreen