Re: Livovska Huta

  • frankur@att.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 17, 2001
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., "Alison Prainito" <prainito@h...> wrote:
      > Thanks for all the replies to my query. One question that was asked
      of me was the religion of my family. They are R.C. I was told that
      Church registers are available. Do I have to get them from the LDS?
      > Alison

      I had mentioned their availability.
      Yes.

      In Slovak the word 'huta' means smelter(y), works.

      The LDS-Mormons filmed the R.C. parish church records (1792-1899)
      for Livovská Huta and Livov.
      Listed under Lenartov, okres(district) Bardejov; formerly Lénártó (H),
      Sáros Megye (county), Hungary.
      Text in Latin and Hungarian.

      FHL film #
      1792642