Re: [S-R] Lewohutta?

  • Judy (& Dr. Joe) Quashnock
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 15, 2001
      Alison,

      We visited Livovská Huta last October, it is 4 km south of Livov. Here the paved road ends. The town is very small, it has a Russian Orthodox church. We saw a field being plowed by a man behind a plow drawn by a cow. The "creek" along side the
      road from Lukov (Lukov is at the turn off of the main east-west road out of Bardejov) to Livovská Huta is the Topľa river and just 3 km further south of Livovská Huta, in the hills, is the headwater of the Topľa. The Topľa is about 100 km long and
      runs into other rivers, changing its name each time, eventually reaching the Danube in Yugoslavia.

      Livovská Huta is about 25 km south west of Bardejov, in northeast Slovakia.

      Send private mail if you want a some pictures of the town.

      Dr. "Q"

      From: "Richard D. Custer" <rcuster@...>

      Alison,

      It's Livivska Huta (or now, Livovska' Huta) in old Saros/Saris County in
      northeast Slovakia. Mostly inhabited by Carpatho-Rusyns, also some Germans.

      If your family was Greek Catholic (and thus ethnically Rusyn) you can look
      up films at LDS here:

      Livovska Huta [Slovak]
      Livivs'ka Huta [Rusyn]
      Livohuta [Hungarian]
      film 1792647
      film 1792648

      From: frankur@...

      Livóhuta is its name in Hungarian.
      Called Livovská Huta in Slovak.
      Located 195 miles ENE of Bratislava in okres (district) Bardejov
      in eastern Slovakia.

      Church registers depend.
      What was family religious affiliation ?
      R.C. or G.C. religion ?