Re: Lewohutta?

  • frankur@att.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 15, 2001
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., "Alison Prainito" <prainito@h...> wrote:
      > Hi List,
      > I'm sure I messed up the name of the town I put in the subject box,
      sorry. I am looking for a town called Lewohutta or maybe its Livo
      Hutta. I have family that was born there and wondered if there is
      anyway of getting a birth register from 1881.
      > Any help is appreciated.
      > Alison

      Livóhuta is its name in Hungarian.
      Called Livovsk√° Huta in Slovak.
      Located 195 miles ENE of Bratislava in okres (district) Bardejov
      in eastern Slovakia.

      Church registers depend.
      What was family religious affiliation ?
      R.C. or G.C. religion ?