Re: [S-R] LDS Parish Records

  • frankur@att.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 14 7:32 AM
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., "Bruce Bagin" <bbagin@h...> wrote:
      > how do I search the lists of passengers of the breslau from the port
      of
      > baltimore during the years 1900 through 1905?
      >
      > Many thanks,

      You go to closest LDS-Mormon FHC and rent :

      1 Specific reel of of Indices to PLs Baltimore MD (1891-1948)
      that is Soundex Coded for your surnames.

      For example, Bagin = B-250.
      Here you would get roll 3 (out of 42 rolls) A-652 Abraham - B-350
      Alice to review.

      Then review reel(s) of the Index for Baltimore for your surnames.
      You do this first, because 1900-1905 PLs Baltimore are
      on 35 reels of microfilm.

      2 When you find surname(s) in Index you can then order the specific
      reel(s) which contains the volume number of the ship manifest
      (Breslau) arrival in Baltimore on a specific date and which contains
      the listing of your surname(s)
    • knorton2@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 18 5:23 PM
        Or, you can go to a branch of the National Archives, if you happen to
        be close to one. They are in New York, Philadelphia, Pittsfield and
        Waltham, MA in the Northeast. Karen
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., frankur@a... wrote:
        > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., "Bruce Bagin" <bbagin@h...> wrote:
        > > how do I search the lists of passengers of the breslau from the
        port
        > of
        > > baltimore during the years 1900 through 1905?
        > >
        > > Many thanks,
        >
        > You go to closest LDS-Mormon FHC and rent :
        >
        > 1 Specific reel of of Indices to PLs Baltimore MD (1891-1948)
        > that is Soundex Coded for your surnames.
        >
        > For example, Bagin = B-250.
        > Here you would get roll 3 (out of 42 rolls) A-652 Abraham - B-350
        > Alice to review.
        >
        > Then review reel(s) of the Index for Baltimore for your surnames.
        > You do this first, because 1900-1905 PLs Baltimore are
        > on 35 reels of microfilm.
        >
        > 2 When you find surname(s) in Index you can then order the specific
        > reel(s) which contains the volume number of the ship manifest
        > (Breslau) arrival in Baltimore on a specific date and which
        contains
        > the listing of your surname(s)
      • Judy (& Dr. Joe) Quashnock
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 18 5:45 PM
          This is the page, enter the name of the town:

          http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/fhlcatalog/supermainframeset.asp?display=localitysearch&columns=*,180,0

          If that doesn't work, go to:

          An select the "Place Search" bar, the first one in the right.

          Dr. "Q"