Re: [S-R] LDS Parish Records

  • Bruce Bagin
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 13, 2001
      how do I search the lists of passengers of the breslau from the port of
      baltimore during the years 1900 through 1905?

      Many thanks,

      Bruce Bagin
      312 Boulevard of the Allies,#600
      Pittsburgh, PA 15222-1923
      412-281-1110
      FAX 412-281-8481
      email bagin@...

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 14, 2001
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., "Bruce Bagin" <bbagin@h...> wrote:
        > how do I search the lists of passengers of the breslau from the port
        of
        > baltimore during the years 1900 through 1905?
        >
        > Many thanks,

        You go to closest LDS-Mormon FHC and rent :

        1 Specific reel of of Indices to PLs Baltimore MD (1891-1948)
        that is Soundex Coded for your surnames.

        For example, Bagin = B-250.
        Here you would get roll 3 (out of 42 rolls) A-652 Abraham - B-350
        Alice to review.

        Then review reel(s) of the Index for Baltimore for your surnames.
        You do this first, because 1900-1905 PLs Baltimore are
        on 35 reels of microfilm.

        2 When you find surname(s) in Index you can then order the specific
        reel(s) which contains the volume number of the ship manifest
        (Breslau) arrival in Baltimore on a specific date and which contains
        the listing of your surname(s)
      • knorton2@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 18, 2001
          Or, you can go to a branch of the National Archives, if you happen to
          be close to one. They are in New York, Philadelphia, Pittsfield and
          Waltham, MA in the Northeast. Karen
          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., frankur@a... wrote:
          > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., "Bruce Bagin" <bbagin@h...> wrote:
          > > how do I search the lists of passengers of the breslau from the
          port
          > of
          > > baltimore during the years 1900 through 1905?
          > >
          > > Many thanks,
          >
          > You go to closest LDS-Mormon FHC and rent :
          >
          > 1 Specific reel of of Indices to PLs Baltimore MD (1891-1948)
          > that is Soundex Coded for your surnames.
          >
          > For example, Bagin = B-250.
          > Here you would get roll 3 (out of 42 rolls) A-652 Abraham - B-350
          > Alice to review.
          >
          > Then review reel(s) of the Index for Baltimore for your surnames.
          > You do this first, because 1900-1905 PLs Baltimore are
          > on 35 reels of microfilm.
          >
          > 2 When you find surname(s) in Index you can then order the specific
          > reel(s) which contains the volume number of the ship manifest
          > (Breslau) arrival in Baltimore on a specific date and which
          contains
          > the listing of your surname(s)
        • Judy (& Dr. Joe) Quashnock
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 18, 2001
            This is the page, enter the name of the town:

            http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/fhlcatalog/supermainframeset.asp?display=localitysearch&columns=*,180,0

            If that doesn't work, go to:

            An select the "Place Search" bar, the first one in the right.

            Dr. "Q"