Re: [S-R] LDS Parish Records

  • John
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 10, 2001
      At 10:10 AM 3/10/01 -0600, you wrote:
      >I don't have anything to back this up but a very detailed researcher whom
      >I know and respect. There were children in my family that were born in
      >slovakia but were born before the marriage took place. The natural father
      >had to go to the church and make a public declaration that the children
      >were his and that he accepted them as legal children after the marriage
      >but before they were considered "legitimate".

      While checking civil birth records in Malcov, SK, I was told that the first
      child of one of the families I was searching for was born 2 years before
      her parent's marriage. She assured me that the father had acknowledged the
      child as his (I believe I was assured just in case I might find the news
      disturbing), which appears to agree with your statement. Even though this
      acknowledgement took place, the official document they gave me lists the
      mother and child's name but has the word " neuvedeny' " in the father's
      area. I believe that translates as "unaware" but not illegitimate. I was
      not able to see the actual listing in the register. The family was Greek
      Catholic but the records were not available on microfilm because the
      microfilm records for their village did not go beyond 1895.

      John
    • Bruce Bagin
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 13, 2001
        how do I search the lists of passengers of the breslau from the port of
        baltimore during the years 1900 through 1905?

        Many thanks,

        Bruce Bagin
        312 Boulevard of the Allies,#600
        Pittsburgh, PA 15222-1923
        412-281-1110
        FAX 412-281-8481
        email bagin@...

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 14, 2001
          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., "Bruce Bagin" <bbagin@h...> wrote:
          > how do I search the lists of passengers of the breslau from the port
          of
          > baltimore during the years 1900 through 1905?
          >
          > Many thanks,

          You go to closest LDS-Mormon FHC and rent :

          1 Specific reel of of Indices to PLs Baltimore MD (1891-1948)
          that is Soundex Coded for your surnames.

          For example, Bagin = B-250.
          Here you would get roll 3 (out of 42 rolls) A-652 Abraham - B-350
          Alice to review.

          Then review reel(s) of the Index for Baltimore for your surnames.
          You do this first, because 1900-1905 PLs Baltimore are
          on 35 reels of microfilm.

          2 When you find surname(s) in Index you can then order the specific
          reel(s) which contains the volume number of the ship manifest
          (Breslau) arrival in Baltimore on a specific date and which contains
          the listing of your surname(s)
        • knorton2@hotmail.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 18, 2001
            Or, you can go to a branch of the National Archives, if you happen to
            be close to one. They are in New York, Philadelphia, Pittsfield and
            Waltham, MA in the Northeast. Karen
            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., frankur@a... wrote:
            > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., "Bruce Bagin" <bbagin@h...> wrote:
            > > how do I search the lists of passengers of the breslau from the
            port
            > of
            > > baltimore during the years 1900 through 1905?
            > >
            > > Many thanks,
            >
            > You go to closest LDS-Mormon FHC and rent :
            >
            > 1 Specific reel of of Indices to PLs Baltimore MD (1891-1948)
            > that is Soundex Coded for your surnames.
            >
            > For example, Bagin = B-250.
            > Here you would get roll 3 (out of 42 rolls) A-652 Abraham - B-350
            > Alice to review.
            >
            > Then review reel(s) of the Index for Baltimore for your surnames.
            > You do this first, because 1900-1905 PLs Baltimore are
            > on 35 reels of microfilm.
            >
            > 2 When you find surname(s) in Index you can then order the specific
            > reel(s) which contains the volume number of the ship manifest
            > (Breslau) arrival in Baltimore on a specific date and which
            contains
            > the listing of your surname(s)
          • Judy (& Dr. Joe) Quashnock
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 18, 2001
              This is the page, enter the name of the town:

              http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/fhlcatalog/supermainframeset.asp?display=localitysearch&columns=*,180,0

              If that doesn't work, go to:

              An select the "Place Search" bar, the first one in the right.

              Dr. "Q"